Can't reconnect to zenfire after internet disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't reconnect to zenfire after internet disconnect

I've noticed this a few times lately and never noticed it before. Three times in the past week my internet has went out for less than a minute and I get disconected from my three datafeeds (IQFeed, Zenfire, Trading Technologies in that order). As soon as the internet comes back, Ninja reconnects to IQFeed & TT but the zenfire connection stays red. So two of these 3 times I disconnected from zenfire and then tried to reconnect and it won't. It just sits there

Any ideas why it can't reconnect to zenfire? Even after I disconnect and reconnect?

Hello cunparis,

Can you please perform a restart of NinjaTrader and check if this will allow you to re-connect to Zen-Fire.

Unfortunately, I am not sure why it did not re-connect once internet came back. Where there any similarities between the occurrences so far?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello cunparis,

Can you please perform a restart of NinjaTrader and check if this will allow you to re-connect to Zen-Fire.

Unfortunately, I am not sure why it did not re-connect once internet came back. Where there any similarities between the occurrences so far?
      I can't restart in the middle of the day. Since Ninja is not capable of using historical bid/ask data, I have to use the GOM recorder and if I stop Ninja then I lose the bid/ask data. this is a major limitation of ninja that I hope will be fixed some day.

This is why it's a major problem for me. I never remembered it doing this before.

Comment

It just now reconnected, all by itself. After about 10 minutes of outage.

Comment

Good to hear you got re-connected again. Once NinjaTrader loses connection, it will automatically try to re-connect.

Unfortunately, I am not sure why it took this long to re-connect. I have not seen any other reports so far.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Good to hear you got re-connected again. Once NinjaTrader loses connection, it will automatically try to re-connect.

Unfortunately, I am not sure why it took this long to re-connect. I have not seen any other reports so far.
            It did it again today. My internet went out for about 2 minutes and it wouldn't reconnect. I disconnected and tried to reconnect and now it's stuck there "connecting" just like before. I was able to connect via my notebook so I know it's something to do with my PC.

what can I try to do to fix it? Should I reinstall Ninja??

Comment

This is a big problem for me as well. Every time there is a network disconnect of any sort, Ninjatrader is not able to reconnect to zenfire or at least in an acceptable timely manner. This was NOT the case before, so obviously something has changed.

The only way to reconnected is to either restart NT entirely or wait 10+ minutes which is completely unacceptable. Again, this problem did not used to happen before.
              Has something changed in Ninjatrader? Or perhaps somewhere in zenfire's API?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Can you guys both send me full logs and trace via the Control Center->Mail To Support tab and reference this forum thread or put ATTN: Brett in the subject line.

I'd like to take a look at your traces to see if we can find any clues as to whats going on here. Again it may be something specific to your internet and how the internet connection is being lost or it may not be but logs and traces would be the first step so we can review.

We dont have any other reports of users having issue getting reconnect after connection loss so I am not sure what is specific about why you are running into issue. Do you guys have double WAN's or failover internet connections? Who is your ISP and do you have a router and a modem or just a modem? Wireless or hard wired?

Thanks Guys.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  We dont have any other reports of users having issue getting reconnect after connection loss so I am not sure what is specific about why you are running into issue. Do you guys have double WAN's or failover internet connections? Who is your ISP and do you have a router and a modem or just a modem? Wireless or hard wired?

Thanks Guys.
                  I haven't used zenfire in a while and so I haven't had the problem in a long time. so I don't think I can help with the logs.

I connect to IQFeed first, then Zen-fire, then velocity. I don't know if this has anything to do with it. But I do know I haven't changed anything on my end other than keep current with latest ninja version and just started having this problem in the last few months. So either something in ninja changed or something at Zenfire's end changed. My internet did not change.

I have DSL with a modem and router combined. wired internet. this hasn't changed in several years.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the report. Can you guys both send me full logs and trace via the Control Center->Mail To Support tab and reference this forum thread or put ATTN: Brett in the subject line.

I'd like to take a look at your traces to see if we can find any clues as to whats going on here. Again it may be something specific to your internet and how the internet connection is being lost or it may not be but logs and traces would be the first step so we can review.

Thanks Guys.

Thanks for looking into this. I have sent the logs and trace as requested.

Comment

I have also experienced this problem, for the first time ever, last week. I only connect to Zenfire and no other feeds. When the connection went red I clicked on disconnect, then reconnect to Zenfire and the left corner box just said "connecting-Zenfire" and it never reconnected. I had to shutdown Ninja and restart it and then it was fine. I really think Ninja needs to fix this problem. Anytime there is a disconnect, Ninja should try and be able to re-establish a connection promptly. A trader should not have to shut down his system to do this.

Also, I notice in this forum that most of the time when you help someone, there is no follow-up in the forum that tells others what the problem was and how it was fixed. It would be nice to know here why this is happening? Can someone from Ninja explain how it was resolved for these users and what we should do in the future?

Thanks very much...

Comment

counterpoint,

Please submit a request to support at ninjatrader dot com along with a brief description of your issue, we would be happy to help you there.
                        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any updates on this issue?

Today I experienced the problem again after a quick network outage. I waited to see how long NT7 would take to reconnect to Zenfire, but after 5 minutes I gave up. I tried to do "disconnect" and then "reconnect" but as reported, NT just hangs and does nothing. At that point I have to restart NT completely.

Comment

Hello,

We were able to reproduce it is a rare type of disconnect that is causing this. We have it into development right now. I have only ever got about 6 reports of this thus far.

No news so far from development will update you when I know.

-Brett

Comment

Hello,

We were able to reproduce it is a rare type of disconnect that is causing this. We have it into development right now. I have only ever got about 6 reports of this thus far.

No news so far from development will update you when I know.

-Brett
                              Glad to see you're making progress and it's reproduceable. I'm confident you guys will have a fix in the next release. Thanks for your hard work!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                              47 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin