Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

editing sim 101 history

Dear support,

Could you please tell me how i can open the log files of my Sim101 account to edit some erroneous trades?

Due to some interruptions in connection during testing, there have been a lot of inaccurate fills that i need to change in order to make the results more accurate.

Could you tell me how i can do that please?

Hello loyal_customer,

Unfortunately, modifying information in the log file will not be reflected in the NinjaTrader software.

You can correct the executions as follows. Please go to Control Center-->Executions-tab and you will see all executions for the current day. Right click an execution that is erroneous and delete it. Right click in the Executions-tab where no execution is listed and add a new execution for the price you like. More information can be found at the link below.

If you need to change executions older than today, please proceed as follows. Shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to a date back in time when the executions occurred. Start NinjaTrader and you can delete the executions.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear support,

I've done this successfully a couple of times but I had a "phantom position" today for no reason - the sim101 account literally generated a phantom position without me doing anything.

Since it is after midnight, I changed my PC clock back to yesterday to delete it - it actually ALSO deleted another entry from the same day.

After the initial shock, I re-added the position in there but it deleted ANOTHER position. It seems like Ninjatrader has gone completely nuts...... I took a deep breath, and tried to realign everything but the database now seems to be messed up because every "ADD" and/or "DELETE" action that I modify at the "executions" tab seems to bring another unwanted command to alter something else???????

Is there a way for me to send you all my log files and/or my database so that you can reverse EVERYTHING back to what it was like SIX HOURS ago?? - NT literally seems to have gone completely out of control six hours ago

I would be grateful if you could do that because this is very important to me as part of my testing and I would really, really appreciate it.

Thank you

Comment

Ok.... just got another error

Just bought GC on Sim101 at 1619.9 and sold it at 1622.7 for a profit of $280

it's saying that i bought at 1635.6?????????? and then SOLD???? it at 1622.7??? at a LOSS of over $1200.

I've never had an error like this - after more than 500 sim trades. please help!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by loyal_customer; 06-06-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Hello,

This is most likely a subset of your issue this morning you reported as trade reporting is now off down the line due to the bad execution.

This execution needs to be removed.

What I would suggest is just resetting the simulator account. If you had a bad shutdown or anything like that it could cause the simulator to get out of sync and we see this happen from time to time since its all fake and NinjaTrader tries to replicate a live server executions but since its all local there is no master server so we try to build executions and simulate it in the best way possible.

In a live scenario this is not generated only on the local PC so this would not occur.

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
          Select the "Simulator" tab
          Press the "Reset" button

-Brett

Comment

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your quick response. I understood and can appreciate where you're coming from but my current result is fairly important for my current research project so I can't really afford to do that at this stage.

Could you tell me how this could possibly have happened? - i did delete an execution earlier today so maybe i deleted the wrong line or something and then the sim account got out of sync?

Surely there is a way to open up the actual database to manually rectify the issue or at least to reverse everything back to 7 hours ago so that whatever errors could be reversed?

Comment

Do you have a backup by any chance?

This would have been created via the Control Center->File->Utilties->BackUp?

Comment

not the NT backup but i have a complete history and sreenshots of all 40 trades for the past two weeks - which is the entire sim101 session before my last reset

there are only a couple of trades that are still wrong but i just couldn't fix them because everytime i "ADD" or "REMOVE" lines from the execution tab, something else gets changed/altered and NT sudden puts on two or three phantom trades (which i will find out when i try to close NT)

is there anything else we can do to fix the minor error and stop the "something else gets changed/altered and phantom trades"??

I've also tried repairing the database but whatever modifications i make in the executions tab today, SOMETHING ELSE gets altered

Comment

Unfortunately not if we do not have a backup.

You can try adding some executions or removing some additional ones to try and resolve and get it back in sync again.

Otherwise you would need to write down the performance and reset the simulator unfortunately.

-Brett
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 06-06-2012, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Jon17
                  by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                  0 responses