Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar by Bar at Market Replay

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to move bar by bar on market replay mode. A key or similar that let me to move to the next bar while I'm paused.

Thanks.

fer065,

Unfortunately this isnt currently possibly. I'd be happy to suggest this to our development team on your behalf if you would like.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, please.

Thanks.

Comment

fer,

This has suggestion ID : #1062

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you require additional assistance.
        Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is a good idea. I would also like to be able to use slower than real time speeds too. That may be handy when replaying high volume areas of the day.

Dan
          eDanny
          NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by fer065 View Post
            Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to move bar by bar on market replay mode. A key or similar that let me to move to the next bar while I'm paused.

Thanks.
            I do not know if you already know this, but bar-to-bar replay is possible, but only on historical data, not on any actual streaming data.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
              I do not know if you already know this, but bar-to-bar replay is possible, but only on historical data, not on any actual streaming data.
              How could you do that? I'm checking the Replay controller but doesn't seem to allow you display a new bar in the timeframe you've selected (e.g. on a 5-min chart)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
                fer,

This has suggestion ID : #1062

Please don't hesitate to contact us should you require additional assistance.
                Is there a link to track the progress of these suggestions? where could we enter that ID to see its current status?

Comment

Hello Tronader,

Thanks for your post.

Market Replay can not use historical data. There is not a build in way to play historical data bar by bar. I would assume that koganam is referring to a custom way to do this however I do not have more information on this.

There is not a way to track the progress of a feature request. Development is taking this feature into consideration however I couldn't say if/when the feature would be added.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 09-09-2013, 09:57 AM.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                    Hello Tronader,

Thanks for your post.

Market Replay can not use historical data. There is not a build in way to play historical data tick by tick. I would assume that koganam is referring to a custom way to do this however I do not have more information on this.

There is not a way to track the progress of a feature request. Development is taking this feature into consideration however I couldn't say if/when the feature would be added.
                    Not tick-by-tick, unless, of course, you are using a 1-tick chart, where 1-tick is also 1 bar. It can only be done bar-by-bar on historical data. Just use the mouse or keyboard arrow to move advance one bar at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronader View Post
                      How could you do that? I'm checking the Replay controller but doesn't seem to allow you display a new bar in the timeframe you've selected (e.g. on a 5-min chart)
                      Please read again. I said only on Historical data, not on any kind of streaming data. Market Replay is streaming data.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                        Not tick-by-tick, unless, of course, you are using a 1-tick chart, where 1-tick is also 1 bar. It can only be done bar-by-bar on historical data. Just use the mouse or keyboard arrow to move advance one bar at a time.
                        Thanks for your reply.

That is correct. I meant to type bar by bar and have edited the previous post.
                        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for clarifying guys, I thought you meant replaying historical data, entering orders, checking different timeframes, etc.

Not sure how useful the method of advancing with the keyboard/mouse bar by bar would be (if at all) when changing timeframes, as I think historical data just loads everything by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Tronader View Post
                            Thanks for clarifying guys, I thought you meant replaying historical data, entering orders, checking different timeframes, etc.

Not sure how useful the method of advancing with the keyboard/mouse bar by bar would be (if at all) when changing timeframes, as I think historical data just loads everything by default.
                            A bar-by-bar advance is the best way to determine after your final debug, if the indicator is actually behaving as you expect, or if your final debug was not really complete.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post Skifree
                            by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view