Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Wizard Errors

Hello
    I am using the wizard to build a strategy and when I try to compile I am getting syntax errors which makes no sense because the code was generated automatically.
    Solution?
    TIA

Hello oscninja,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

Here is a video of this process:
    http://screencast.com/t/K3plVBblUy
    Also here is a forum post that describes the process and offers ways to resolve the situation:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.
    To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I had something happen to me like this, I went back through it and there was an erroneous entry that just had () in it and that caused the hiccup. I deleted the entry and it solved the issue. Check for weird stuff like that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123  
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo