leftover executions from previous strategy invocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leftover executions from previous strategy invocation

Very new user here, so apologies if my question is very basic.

I have a custom strategy that I am executing on a basket of stocks. I enabled it this morning, but encountered a technical error and had to restart NT (which fixed that problem). After I restarted, I enabled the strategy again on the basket.

Almost all turned green, but a couple are yellow and I realize that means they have open positions currently (from the previous strategy execution).

My question is how can I close these open positions? I tried 'Flatten Everything'. Opening an individual trade window for the security does not even reflect the position, so I can't flatten it manually.

Hello zabar,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

If the strategy cell is highlighted in yellow then the strategy has taken no live trades and is only waiting to take position. The trades are not real trades but trades based on historical data in the strategy.

Yellow highlighted "Strategy" cell indicates the strategy is waiting until it reaches a flat position to be in sync with the account position before fully starting. (Please see the options Strategies Tab section for configuration options)

Since they are not real trades you cannot close it.

When you restart any strategy, you may want to sync the strategy position and the account position Please refer here to know more

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for those links. I'm having a bit of difficulty reconciling these two statements:

** Wait until flat before executing live, Sync account position = false

"If the Strategy Position is not flat, the strategy will place all trades in a "virtual" sense until the Strategy Position reaches or crosses a flat state. Once a flat state is achieved the Strategy Position will be assumed to be in sync with the Account Position and all future orders will be placed live."

** What if I do not sync my account?

"The resulting behavior when the Strategy Position and Account Position are out of sync is when your strategy (continuing with the example above) closes the long position with a sell order it would bring the Strategy Position to flat and your Account Position to SHORT 1."

So in my scenario (Wait until flat before executing live, Sync account position = false), when the virtual position is closed, will it be reflected into my account position? It seems the first section says no, and the second, yes.

Comment

Hello Zabar,
        In the second scenario considers that you have not selected "Wait until flat".

In your case if you have selected wait until flat, and have selected not to sync your position, then when the virtual position is closed then the virtual trade will not reflect in your account.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
        JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ThomasC  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
        1 response
        0 likes