Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyzer to capture data

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how I must set up the Market Analyzer to cache data to my database. In the Ninja user manual I find this:

"There are two ways to ensure that the internal cache contains data for your instrument of interest:

1. Open and maintain a chart of any time frame containing the instrument

2. Load the instrument into a Market Analyzer window along with an indicator column "

I thought I was doing this, but data is not being collected. What exactly is an "indicator column"? I have my MA set with columns for symbol and for the last price. Do I need an additional column for it to save data?

Also, on the Options window, Data tab, do I need to have checked the box for "Save Chart Data" even thought it's the MA which is grabbing the data?

Hello Coolmoss,

From your Market Analyzer, you will find a column called "Indicator". Please setup a column with any indicator such as an SMA or RSI, etc that will be used to load historical data.

With an indicator column, you should find the data is stored in real-time as historical.

You should not need to check this option as long as you are using a data provider who offers historical data. If you were using a provider who did not off historical data, you would need this option to be checked for the real-time data to be saved as historical.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Jon17
    by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM