Adjusting Indicators to match Schwab's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adjusting Indicators to match Schwab's

Silly me, I designed an excellent set of Buy signals utilizing the MFI, Slow Stochastics, and MACD values on my basic Schwab Chart (not StreetSmart Edge).

I am running NT in simulator mode, and my indicators are way off in comparison...not even close.

Does this have to do with allowing the data to run prior to normal market open time of 9:30am EST? Or is there some other setting difference?

They are so different that it completely wipes out my strategy. Is there a way to get these indicators starting the day, and functioning pretty close to each other throughout the day?

Hello RCnSC,

Thank you for your post.

You are correct, the starting point, or amount of data available on the chart, can conflict with different indicators or trading signals.

With NinjaTrader you can use the Session Manager to create custom session templates for your charts with trading strategies to match other platforms or to get a specific view of the market.

Additionally, for some indicators such as Stochastics, do you know the calculation method of your other Platform? NinjaTrader uses SMA calculations within our Stochastics, other platforms may use Exponential or Weighted moving averages.

However, with NinjaTrader you can create a custom coded Stochastics to match other platforms. To view the source code of our Stochastics - Tools --> Edit NinjaScript --> Stochastics
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
    47 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post aligator  
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes