Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ERROR: Unable to read server IP addresses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR: Unable to read server IP addresses...

I have just installed NinjaTrader on a new Windows Server 2008 R2 machine and I'm receiving the following error when I try to connect to Kinetick EOD free (same problem with the real time connection and similar problems with Zen-Fire):
    ERROR: Kinetick – End Of Day (Free): Unable to read server IP addresses: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has(LoginFailed)
    I've done the following:
    • Verified that I can connect to it from two other computers.
    • Verfified that I can open the NinjaTrader website (at the same IP address: 64.202.118.179) using Internet Explorer on the same machine.
    • Uninstalled and re-installed NinjaTrader
    • Applied the latest service packs and restarted the machine
    • Tried turning off the firewall and Internet Explorer Enhanced Security
    • Tried repairing the NinjaTrader DB.
    The problem is obviously with this particular server and/or installation of NinjaTrader. I see this problem described in the forum serveral times, often without a definitive resolution/cause. Are there other possible causes of this error beyond what I've tried above?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by infin8loop View Post
    I have just installed NinjaTrader on a new Windows Server 2008 R2 machine and I'm receiving the following error when I try to connect to Kinetick EOD free (same problem with the real time connection and similar problems with Zen-Fire):
    ERROR: Kinetick – End Of Day (Free): Unable to read server IP addresses: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has(LoginFailed)
    I've done the following:
    • Verified that I can connect to it from two other computers.
    • Verfified that I can open the NinjaTrader website (at the same IP address: 64.202.118.179) using Internet Explorer on the same machine.
    • Uninstalled and re-installed NinjaTrader
    • Applied the latest service packs and restarted the machine
    • Tried turning off the firewall and Internet Explorer Enhanced Security
    • Tried repairing the NinjaTrader DB.
    The problem is obviously with this particular server and/or installation of NinjaTrader. I see this problem described in the forum serveral times, often without a definitive resolution/cause. Are there other possible causes of this error beyond what I've tried above?

Thanks in advance.
    You may have the necessary port blocked in your router. I am presuming that you are using a router, as you do mention the ability to do things from multiple computers.

Comment

infin8loop,

Are you using a private server company here? They may need to unblock the ports. Web traffic goes to port 80 I believe so it wouldn't be a valid test to see if you can connect to a particular IP address since a port could be blocked.
      Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I am using a hosting provider. Thanks for your suggestion, but this is my second server from this hosting company (I am migrating to a newer server) and I don't have this problem on the old server, so I presumed that was not the issue.

Comment

infin8loop,

Likely you are on a different server than the one before so they need to configure it appropriately.

So I can get you relevant info for them to configure, who is your data provider? Just checking in case its something other than Kinetick EOD. I'd like to get you all the information so you can forward to your server admin.

Comment

I found the problem. Although I had created the firewall rules to allow NinjaTrader to initiate outbound connections, I had not configured the Packet Filter IP Security Policy (under the server's Security Settings). The default Packet Filter policy was configured with a "BLOCK ALL" filter. Unchecking this enabled NinjaTrader to connect.

Adam, thanks for you comments about the ports and the hosting company - that lead me in the right direction.

Comment

infin8loop,

No problem, please feel free to contact us any time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes