.ntd File Access Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.ntd File Access Error

I’ve recently installed NinjaTrader on a new server. When I try to add the a third-party indicator to a chart while I’m connected to a data feed (Zen-Fire or Kinetick), I receive the following error, which causes NinjaTrader to freeze:

ERROR: Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\minute\ES 06-12\20120604.Last.ntd' because it is being used by another process.

If I add the indicator while disconnected, there is no error. Also, the indicator appears without an error if the connection is established after adding the indicator. However, if any changes are made to the chart causing the indicator to be refreshed, the error occurs.

The machine in question is running Windows Server 2008 R2. Note that I did not have this problem on my previous machine running Windows Server 2003.

I have not setup any virus scanning or backup software yet, so I don't think it is either of those causing the problem. I've checked, using SysInternals Process Explorer, to see that no other processes have a handle to that file - NinjaTrader is the only one.

The indicator in question is likely adding another data series.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled NinjaTrader and the indicators in question.

Hello,
    It seems the 3rd party indicator is trying to access the NinjaTrader data file at the same time when Kinetick is also trying to access it.

Please contact the 3rd party developer and seek further clarifications on how exactly the indicator works and whether it access the NinjaTrader data files or not.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I should have also mentioned in my original post that I've already checked with the vendor and they have confirmed that the indicator is not trying to access the data file.

Comment

Hello infin8loop,
        Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:660744

Comment

I think I may have "resolved" this by downloading the historical data via the Historical Data Manager first. I also noticed that the clock on the machine was ahead by 24 hours, so maybe that was the problem.
          Last edited by infin8loop; 06-04-2012, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Running NT7 on Windows Server 2008 R2?

Hi,

I'm investigating running NT7 on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Is this something you are doing?

If so, is it working acceptably for you?

Any insurmountable issues or problems?

Many thanks!

Comment

Hello AnotherTrader,
              I will leave the thread open for feed back from member however you can also contact one of our 3rd party vendor who offers VPS solutions.

You can contact them from the below link.

Comment

I'm using NT7 on a dedicated server running Windows Server 2008 R2. It works fairly well, except for some lag when drawing on the chart through Remote Desktop. I haven't had good luck with virtual servers (VPS) - slower processing when under load and unscheduled reboots.

Comment

The mouse and screen events has to travel from your own workstation to the remote server, depending your latency, it may looks slow. I also found that using the NinjaTrader Cross Hair on a remote machine is not easy, each mouse move require multiple redraw, which can be very slow for client who have an high latency.
                  Most VPS companies are overselling their servers resources, that's why it was maybe slow for you, but it's not what we are doing at speedytradingserver.com: some of our customers found their VPS faster than their own workstation...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post r68cervera  
                  Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post geddyisodin