IB auto-log-off: "official" NT way to deal with this for 24/6 trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB auto-log-off: "official" NT way to deal with this for 24/6 trading

I am planning on running a strategy live uninterrupted all week long.
    In the current Paper Trading I am running with TWS/NT, the auto-logoff has been a problem and searching on this forum... I am not the only one but there does not seem to be an official way of having NT deal with this (granted, it is really an IB issue more than an NT one).

Do you guys recommend anything officially (I see that TWSStart seems to be a possible workaround). There are various options in the forum, some with mixed feedback and just wanted to get a more definitive opinion please.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Unfortunately we do not have an official supported way of dealing with this. It is a limitation of IB TWS currently right now. IB does have a new platform which does away the 24 hour restart requirement called IB Gateway. We are aware of this and development is checking into using this secondary product from them for our next major release of the software which is still in development and I do not have an expected release date at this time.

Therefor for now it is a limitation of NinjaTrader and IB. Although there are a few unsupported methods of dealing with this on the forums you may want to check out as you have been doing.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
    13 responses
    0 likes