Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Which data feeds support continuous contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the roll date chosen by NT

Different products roll at different frequencies and on different dates from one another. For example crude vs. es vs. zb. How does NT "know" when to make the change?

Many thanks.

Comment

Hello,

You can view the roll-over dates assigned by going to Tools -> Instrument manager -> Search for the desired instrument -> once found, left click it -> click edit -> click misc tab -> scroll to bottom -> click contract months -> '...' -> here you will have a list of all the contract months and roll-over dates programmed for each

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
      LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Lance.

The Kinetic link at the bottom of your signature reminded me of something. I think it's somewhat relevant to this thread.

When it comes to data storage, does NT store any amount of data for quick retrieval or does it request it from the server everytime?

For example, if I look at 3 weeks at a 60-min bar time scale today and then look at the same tomorrow, does NT download the entire 3 weeks again or does it download 1 day and add it to some file that is available locally on my machine?

I'm asking because I'm assuming that this affects the speed at which the chart comes up.

Comment

Hello,

Originally posted by 8DTK8 View Post
          When it comes to data storage, does NT store any amount of data for quick retrieval or does it request it from the server everytime?

Ninja Trader does store all downloaded historical data onto your local PC. If you were to open up a chart you had open earlier in the day when you are disconnected you would still have the old data available. It does however reload this data under certain circumstances.

For specific details on when it reloads the data please see the 2nd section of this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
          LanceNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post lorem
          by lorem

Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
          0 responses