Multiple brokerages, connection order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple brokerages, connection order

Can someone help me out or point me to some information concerning the following:

I have two accounts, one at PFG and one at Mirus.
    I want to trade both simulatneously, but would like to use Zen-fire data from Mirus.
    Which one do I connect to first?
    Are both orders routed through their corresponding data feeds or are they routed through the primary?

Hello jmflukeiii,

Thanks for writing in.

When multiple connections are used, NinjaTrader will route data requests in the order which you connect in. Therefore, if you intend to use Zen-Fire data, you will want to connect to Zen-Fire before connecting to PFG.

More information about how multiple data connections are used can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle. That clarifies it, appreciate the help.

One last question, if I have an IB friends and family account, and I am running a strategy on each account, I need to make sure to select the individual sub account account numbers for each strategy, correct? I only say this because I saw my advisor account number in Ninja's list of accounts. What happens if I try to send orders on that account?

Comment

Hello jmflukeiii,

Your understanding is correct - the sub accounts themselves would need to be selected. Orders would be placed with the main account selected as well, but order allocation would not take place as this is something which is a feature of TWS itself..

Comment

Wait, now I am not clear about something. I need to run the strategy on both sub accounts as well as a third on the advisor master? Or can I just run separate instances of the strategy on the two subaccounts and the advisor master doesn't matter.

EDIT: I reread what you wrote. Basically just put one strategy on each sub account.

But for the advisor master account, what would happen if I tried to place trades in it? It would just trade whatever cash is in that account and not allocate to the sub accounts as it would IF I were trading directly through TWS?

EDIT 2: I just want to trade two accounts and as such set up two sub-accounts. I guess I was under the assumption that the advisor master itself cannot be traded. Am I mistaken in assuming that? This would then necessitate only 1 sub account...
          Last edited by jmflukeiii; 06-05-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Trades in the master account would be placed only in the master account - orders would not be allocated to sub accounts.

Comment

Got it. So I can trade the advisor master directly, and therefore really only need one subaccount.

Thank you for help

EDIT: IB says you can't trade the advisor master directly, so I assume trying to place an order in that account would get rejected then?
              Last edited by jmflukeiii; 06-05-2012, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I'm sure this must be in the "update requests" already, but it would be tremendously useful if a single strategy could be applied to multiple accounts, especially if quantities for each account could be altered as well.

Comment

Hi jmflukeiii,

This is something development is working towards for the future - I'll pass your 'vote' for this feature on to them to be added to our tracking database however.

Comment

Thanks again Kyle.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM