Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup Trading

Hi there,

Due to hardware problems on my current NT7 trading PC, I have to move over trading on my backup PC. The special task is that I have currently overnight live positions on at IB.

From my experience so far it is not enough to make a complete backup on the trading PC and then restore the backup on the backup PC. What additional steps do I have to take to get

- 100% identical charts
    - 100% identical instrument settings (do I have to copy the DB as well??), etc.

so that a subsequent synchronisation with IB really does produce my the same orders and basically works.

Rgds,
    Peter

Hello Peter,

You can transfer all your settings and data between computers using a backup file.
    Please create a backup file as per the instructions at the link below.

Once NinjaTrader created a backup file, it is located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup as .ntbk file.

Copy this file to the other computer at the exact same location.

Start NinjaTrader and restore your backup file.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Peter,

You can transfer all your settings and data between computers using a backup file.
      Please create a backup file as per the instructions at the link below.

Once NinjaTrader created a backup file, it is located at (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader Backup as .ntbk file.

Copy this file to the other computer at the exact same location.

Start NinjaTrader and restore your backup file.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...up_archive.htm
      Hello,

I have a similar issue but when I try to restore my backup file, I get the following error message: "You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the file owner or an administrator to obtain permission".

I contacted the "file owner" (i.e.: me....) but he doesn't have a clue either... ;-)

Thanks

Comment

Hello virtuose,

Do you experience this error for just one backup file or all backup files?

Could it be you are logged into a Windows user account that is not allowed to open files in the C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader Backup folder?

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for your quick response.

I did few tests and the issue was related to the fact that the "Ninja backup file" was restored from a backup of an encrypted drive (bitlocker). I don't get the error message anymore when the file isn't encrypted.

However, I do get another error message: "Ninjascript can't be restored since they would corrupt your installation". All other elements are restored but the scripts aren't as indicated by the error message. Any thoughts ?

Comment

Unfortunately the new error message indicates the NinjaScript files in the backup files cannot be restored or else they would corrupt NinjaTrader.

I suggest to check if older backup files that contain your NinjaScript files can be restored.

If the backup file is transferred from another computer, please create a new one for just your NinjaScript files and check if you can restore it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes