Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot copy a line

When I try and right-click a line and click Copy, I get this error:

Any idea what could be wrong? I've rebooted my PC and there are no other applications running.

NinjaTrader version:

Hello keymoo,

Unfortunately I am not sure why you experience that error on your end. Are you sure you have no other applications running? Please check the Processes-tab of the Windows task manager and check if you have applications running that could occupy the Windows Clip Board.

Does it make a difference if you try to copy a line using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V?

If the issue remains, please try to isolate it. Does it occur on all charts, workspaces, etc.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I closed down all applications including ones in the system tray, tried again and it worked fine! I managed to isolate the issue to Google Chrome. Whenever Google Chrome is running I cannot copy a line in NinjaTrader. This is a bit of an issue for me because I use Chrome a lot during the day so need both apps to work together. Any suggestions on what I could do?

Comment

Good to hear you found the cause of the issue.

I suggest to check why Google Chrome occupies the Windows Clip Board and disable it, so you can copy/paste lines in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Good to hear you found the cause of the issue.

I suggest to check why Google Chrome occupies the Windows Clip Board and disable it, so you can copy/paste lines in NinjaTrader.
          I'm not sure how I can do that. I've done some testing and Chrome does not exlcusively lock the clipboard. My trading friend can reproduce the error. All other applications can access the windows clip board with chrome running, including Microsoft Word, Snagit Editor, Textpad, Notepad, etc.

Looks like a problem with NinjaTrader because this is the only application to have the problem. Please could you investigate further?

Comment

I installed Google Chrome on my end, however I cannot reproduce the error when I copy/paste a drawing object in a chart so far.

I have a Google Chrome web browser opened when I test. I am using the default settings of Google Chrome - I did not change any of the settings after installing it. Are you able to reproduce the issue if you switch back to the default settings with Google Chrome?

I right clicked in the Google Chrome web browser and selected 'Save as'. While the Windows Explorer window was opened to select the location, I was still able to copy and paste lines in a NinjaTrader chart. I also tested it by copying text in the web browser using Ctrl + C.

Comment

The problem has gone away and I have no idea why. Maybe Google updated chrome? I don't know, I haven't made any changes to my system but it's working again. Strange.

Comment

I know chrome did have an update today pushed out so that may be a possibility.

-Brett

Comment

Hi,
                  What could be the cause for this ...
                  I can only copy my "line" the one under ruler when I use the CLRT C CLRT V option ?
                  The copying will only occur when chrome is closed ?
                  I'd like to be able to use the right click copy feature in NT
                  Thank's

Comment

Hello dline,

Are you able to use the copy/paste hot keys in other with Chrome open?

What version of Chrome are you using?

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
                    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chrome version 38.0.2125.111 m and NT 7.0
                      Yes am able to use hot keys in other programs while GChrome is open

Comment

Hello dline,

Thank you for your reply.

I am unable to reproduce this on my end.

Please send me your log and trace files.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: ATTN: Chris S http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=50416
                        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi "C
                          I can live with using hot keys copy and paste it works....thank's for your assistance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post chbruno
                          by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes