Problem day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem day

Hi guys, today I have had an "ugly" issue day. When connecting this morning I had all these very odd errors (picture attached). I rebuilt the database reinstalled etc (let me make it clear up to this point ninja trader has been VERY reliable for sometime).

It appears the problem is related to the data from the server. As a default I have the Options -> data -> get data from server (if applicable) checked. Now I have no problem at all if I uncheck this. I tested this 5 times and same problem if that option is ticked.

The other point to note is I've been getting the last.ntd database locked message. I'm now suspecting this has to do with having this checked. So I guess the bigger question what is the point of this "get data from server? When would I need it? My understanding is all of my tickdata is in the database anyway.

Thanks in advance
    DJ
    Attached Files

Hi DJ,

Can you please send your diagnostic files so we can check into for you.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following thread:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan, thanks for the note. As usual it appears that the indicators I programmed myself managed to screw up ninjatrader and caused an inexplicable number of errors. Once I removed these it ran fine. I'm increasingly of the view that ninjatrader is a very stable product but inexperienced programming is the main cause for bringing the software to its knees.

Added note: I think I am finally getting to the bottom of this database locked issue which has caused me no end of problems- see attached. I am quite sure it is caused by using multi-time frame indicators. For example I have developed a trading portal which has numerous barsarray calculations for numerous instruments included on a chart. Now when I removed this, the problem seems to disappear. I suspect these are locking the database somehow as I also use the Gom indicators to access the tick and minute file.

Cheers
      DJ
      Last edited by djkiwi; 06-13-2012, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply DJ and glad to hear things are working better for you. We're happy to look into any simple scripts you may that can reproduce the file lock message. So far we have only experienced this message with external programs accessing NT files.
        Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        116 responses
        1 like