X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pitchfork drawing easy

Hello,

maybe this is the most important question ever

I couldn´t find on the support pages how to do for having eg pitchfork enabled in toolbars so that when clicking there ONE TIME in the toolbar I can draw in the chart (and not opening a menue to select, and not stay in draw mode as between drawing one should work with the mouse)

I think in some webinars I saw that the presenter clicked only one time on the icon in toolbar and could draw in the chart.

Thanks
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 06-07-2012, 02:22 PM. Reason: sorry, wrong title

Hello Tony,

You will want to use the hotkeys for the drawing objects. You can view the hotkeys by selecting the Drawing Tools icon on the chart toolbar. The hotkey for the pitchfork is Ctrl+F4.

You can view/edit/create hotkeys in the Hot Key Manager window. Below is a link to the Hot Key Manager section of our help guide for more information.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ey_manager.htm
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thanks for the hint. This I use (F8) , I thought it could work as I described as well.

In the meantime I tried to check this and I found a thread concerning automated drawing of pitchfork with

DrawAndrewsPitchfork("FORKU", 0, 1060, 0, 1070, 38, 170);

But I get an error message with overloading and 7 arguments. Do I have to do something in the variables?

Can you please inform what might be the reason for the error message (as in the thread http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=14670 it seems to work)

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
      Hello Tony,

You will want to use the hotkeys for the drawing objects. You can view the hotkeys by selecting the Drawing Tools icon on the chart toolbar. The hotkey for the pitchfork is Ctrl+F4.

You can view/edit/create hotkeys in the Hot Key Manager window. Below is a link to the Hot Key Manager section of our help guide for more information.
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ey_manager.htm
      Last edited by tonynt; 06-07-2012, 03:15 PM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Hello Tony,

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.

Open NinjaTrader
        From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
        Select an indicator and double click on it.
        A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
        At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
        From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
        If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Perr0Grande  
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes