Ninjatrader 7 hangs - not responding after a period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 7 hangs - not responding after a period

I have recently formatted my trading PC hard drive and installed WIndows 7 Ultimate as my PC was slowing down substantially running NT7 on Vista.

This week NT has started hanging at 'not responding'. When I bring up the task manager and then the resource analyser, the dual cores appear to have insufficient avaiable threads and NT hangs. I have cut down the number of charts I use and also reduced the amount of data it loads at startup, yet to no avail. I have also switched of all data recording. Are there any other ways I can improve performance without upgrading the PC? I did notice in the threads below that this doesn't always work...:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=49879&highlight=responding

System specs are:
    Intel dual core processor 2.4ghz
    2GB of ram running 3 23" monitors with about 9 charts, all the same market (ES).
    Data provider is Zenfire.
    I understand that the PC is old, however this appears to have started since I upgraded the OS to Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

Many thanks,

Terry.

Hello Terry,

Yes, you can find more tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader at the link below.

The 'Calculate on bar close' setting for indicators can be important. If set to False, the indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatlity this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator makes complicated calculations. Please set it to True in the Indicator menu and the indicator will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

If you have workspaces opened in the background which you do not use, we suggest to close such workspaces. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes