Dates of candles ahead a day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dates of candles ahead a day

Candlesticks are all one day ahead, todays candle is showing 6/9 instead of 6/8? I disconnected from TDameritrade, tried exiting, tried reloading historical data. Time clock on my computer is correct. What else can i try?

Hello zachj,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer a few questions.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check this by going to Help > About. (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

What instrument(s) are you viewing?

What interval is selected for your chart?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

7.0.1000.8 Daily charts. SPY & ZNGA show 6/9. JPM is correct though and shows 6/8.

Comment

Hello zachj,

Thank you for your response.

Please send a note to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with ATTN: Patrick in the subject line and a reference to this thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...897#post290897

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by zachj View Post
          Candlesticks are all one day ahead, todays candle is showing 6/9 instead of 6/8? I disconnected from TDameritrade, tried exiting, tried reloading historical data. Time clock on my computer is correct. What else can i try?
          NinjaTrader stamps bars by their close time. Therefore, if you are using a session template that crosses day barriers or even ends at midnight, (apparently NT considers midnight to be the start of a new day, rather than the end of an old one). that is what will happen. Change your session template to a retail hours template.

Comment

Yes im using a custom template and when I switch back to the default template it fixes the date. But how do I fix my custom template so the candles have the correct date?

Comment

Yes im using a custom template and when I switch back to the default template it fixes the date. But how do I fix my custom template so the candles have the correct date?
              Make sure that the session definitions in your template do not cross the midnight boundary.

Comment

Well I can't do that, I need the pre-market and after hour data (24/7 session template), there has to be another solution.

Comment

Well I can't do that, I need the pre-market and after hour data (24/7 session template), there has to be another solution.
                  I am resonably certain that, given the current constraints of the design of NT, unfortunately, there is not. If the bar is timestamped for the end of the session, the end of the session timestamp is the end of the session timestamp. Of course, it NT allowed you specify that bars can be timestamped for their start instead of their end, that would be a different kettle of fish.

Comment

Ahhhh here's the solution, Session template "US Equities ETH". You get the pre and after market and candles remain on correct date.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post love2code2trade  
                    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post eDanny