Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy - multiple charts - organization

Hello,

I work for several months with NT-script-strategies now and it occurs that when I have a strategy in a chart and I want to have the executions plotted on another chart (of the same instrument of course) that sometimes I can see the markers with "color for executions buy and sell" in my other chart and sometimes not. To clearify: with "sometimes" I dont mean in the same chart, I mean eg GBPUSD it can be plotted but EURUSD not - I can´t explain further because I couldnt find out when it is plotted and when it is not plotted (no matter if I have set in dataseries to "MarkersOnly" or "TextAndMarker")

(For information: the reason why I need the markers in another chart is because this is my added dataseries with entry conditions, stoplosses as variables.... and in the chart starting the script is much higher timeframe for analysis as marketprofile....)

Thanks
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Here's how chart plot executions work with strategies.

If a strategy is applied to a chart, it only shows executions that belong with that specific instance of the strategy. It shows both the strategies historical (virtual) and actual executions.

If a strategy is not applied to chart, then only actual executions are displayed. It displays executions matching the account selected in ChartTrader.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. Thought so, too.

So, your second paragraph "... is not applied to chart" means that when an entry eg in my 21Range chart with EURJPY is done then this ACTUAL entry is shown in a 5Range chart with EURJPY at this time - but markers for entries before are not plotted. Right? Or is there a misunderstanding on my end (sorry if so)?

My actual entry from a script-strategy in 21Range chart is plotted in 21 Range chart, but not in 5Range chart.

Thanks
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
      Hi Tony,

Here's how chart plot executions work with strategies.

If a strategy is applied to a chart, it only shows executions that belong with that specific instance of the strategy. It shows both the strategies historical (virtual) and actual executions.

If a strategy is not applied to chart, then only actual executions are displayed. It displays executions matching the account selected in ChartTrader.

Comment

If no strategy is applied to the chart, then it should show all actual executions matching the instrument charted, and account selected in ChartTrader.

Do you have any strategies applied to your 5 range chart?

Comment

Hello Ryan,

thank you for your reply. On the 5Range chart I have an (other) strategy applied (and therefore of course no chart-trader)

Thanks
          Tony

If no strategy is applied to the chart, then it should show all actual executions matching the instrument charted, and account selected in ChartTrader.

Do you have any strategies applied to your 5 range chart?

Comment

Makes sense then. You'll only see executions belonging to that strategy instance.

Comment

stop-entry

Thank you.

Ryan, I attended the webinar few minutes ago and I have a question referring the entries shown there.

a.) Can a a stop-entry be done in the chart with mouse-click when chart-trader is enabled only, or also without chart-trader?

b.) When a stop-entry in a chart is triggered and once the entry is done is it possible that a NT-script is running for this trade (the other direction works and I can do - entry with NT-script but then ATM)

Thanks
              Tony

Makes sense then. You'll only see executions belonging to that strategy instance.

Comment

a) ChartTrader must be running but you can have it minimized. (collapsed view) Please see here for additional help working with ChartTrader:

b) You cannot apply strategies to discretionary entries NinjaScript strategies are designed to to be fully automated (entries and exits) only. Thank you for the feedback in this area.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-10-2024, 09:33 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post trilliantrader  
                Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes