Unable to link Interactive Broker to NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to link Interactive Broker to NT

Hey guys, I did a search and couldn't find anything so apologies if you've answered before.

I'm looking to use end of day charts for the major currencies, commodity futures and futures indexes.

- It appears Kinetick allows for some data streams but not all? For example I can't seem to get the SPI contract (ASX 200 - Australia). Is this correct?

- In order to link Interactive Brokers to Ninja Trader I had to uninstall the most recent version of IB and install the version suggested in this link. Am I unable to use a more recent version for compatibility issues?

- Even with IB linked to Ninja Trader I can't get the data for the SPI. Is this because I need to pay for market data (I currently don't subscribe to live data for IB) or because I'm still mucking something up?

Originally posted by kid hustlr View Post
    Hey guys, I did a search and couldn't find anything so apologies if you've answered before.

I'm looking to use end of day charts for the major currencies, commodity futures and futures indexes.

- It appears Kinetick allows for some data streams but not all? For example I can't seem to get the SPI contract (ASX 200 - Australia). Is this correct?
    I believe you should be able to do this if you get the correct symbol mapping. You can look it up here : https://www.kinetick.com/support#Symbol-Search

- In order to link Interactive Brokers to Ninja Trader I had to uninstall the most recent version of IB and install the version suggested in this link. Am I unable to use a more recent version for compatibility issues?
    That is correct. Any more current versions would be untested at this time, and may or may not cause issues.

- Even with IB linked to Ninja Trader I can't get the data for the SPI. Is this because I need to pay for market data (I currently don't subscribe to live data for IB) or because I'm still mucking something up?
    If you have delayed data with IB this will unfortunately not work in NinjaTrader. If you were to get real time data you should be able to pull up nearly anything they offer as long as its part of your live data package.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses