Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting false printed bars

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to delete false candels in the chart. I use the IB data feed with volume bars. Sometimes a flat bar shows up (mostly in a row of at least three following bars and then the chart continues. Those bars are emty, meaning they have the same time-stamp as the last real volume bar and no actual volume. Any idea? Even better, is there a way to avoid this, without using another datafeed?

Thanks!

Hello Nozem,

Thank you for your post.

You can edit the data stored in NinjaTrader through the Historical Data Manager. You can open the Historical Data Manager by going to Tools > Historical Data Manager.

Information on editing Historical Data can be found at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...t7/editing.htm

It is also possible to filter the real-time data using filter offset in NinjaTrader. To adjust this setting please go to Tools > Options > Data > Filter bad ticks % off market.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 06-11-2012, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I don't think this is working for volume bars. The data that I can edit is 1minute data and that seems to be correct. It's just some flat lines in the volume chart. When I shut down ninja and open again, my IB data is gone (tick/range/volume), so that's not a real option. The same is probably the same when I reload the data in the historical data manager?

Comment

Hello Nozem,

Thank you for your response.

You are on the right track here. Interactive Brokers does not supply historical data for tick data (which is the underlying data type for Volume bars). So when you open the Historical Data Manager there most likely is no tick data saved for the instrument.

You can however, save the real-time data as historical data. To do this go to Tools > Options > Data > enable the option for Save chart data as historical > OK.
        Now when you connect to Interactive Brokers, the tick data will be saved as historical data.

For information on the data provided by your connectivity provider please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Comment

Well, changed that, reloaded and lost all data in the charts...

What is a good alternative for eurex and cme data without paying a fortune... I used esignal in the past, but actualy I don't think it's worth the $250,- I paid for it each month. Till now I ddnt have any issues with IB data, just make sure Ib is open, ninja is open and the PC is not shut down, and all dat was ok.

Comment

If I want data only for now, so not live trading through ninja, what datavendor could you suggest? Zenfire works with brokers, not IB.... Eignal, well I don't know... Need eurex and mini s&p...?

Comment

Hello Nozem,

The data feed provider Kinetick is our preferred market data feed provider, and it has been designed to be the optimal data feed for the NinjaTrader 7 platform. The Basic Serive costs $50/month and is one of the best values for data in the industry.

You'll enjoy all these benefits with any Basic Service subscription to Kinetick:
              • Fast, unfiltered data
              • Live data for over 500 Market Metrics and Indexes. Full list at:http://www.kinetick.com/market-metrics
              • Eliminated exchange fees for qualified accounts:http://www.kinetick.com/CME
              • Historical data for all supported exchanges, including:
                • 120 days of historical tick data
                • 2 years of minute historical data
                • 10 years of historical daily data
              • Streaming news updates from RTT News, PR Newswire, and Business Wire

The Basic Service will include delayed feeds for the E-mini S&P and the Eurex for simulated trading.

For information on Kinetick please visit the following link: http://www.kinetick.com/

Comment

Patrick,

Can one trade live through ninja at Interactivebrokers, not using their but the kinetick datafeed?

Do you support live trading at Interactivebrokers for the FA/FF allocation accounts?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Nozem,

You can in fact connect to Kinetick for your data and then connect to Interactive Brokers second. Your data will be provided by Kinetick and your orders can be routed to Interactive Brokers.

For information on multiple connections please visit the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

NinjaTrader does support FA and FF, however the automated order allocation feature for the Friends and Family accounts that is available in TWS is not supported within NinjaTrader.

Comment

And the automated allocation for financial advisor accounts?

Comment

Hello Nozem,

Unfortunately, order allocation is not supported for the FF and FA accounts.

Comment

Too bad! Anyway, I will look into kinetick.

To be honest, I like ninja and am happy to use it now for a couple of months. Sorry to hear it's not supporting the automatic allocation, as I am using FF accounts. Maybe someday?

Thanks for your time today and all quick replies!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick