Only show regular hours on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only show regular hours on chart

I have a chart of i.e. SPY (with live data from IB) but can see trading outside regular trading hours on my chart. Is there a way to turn this off?

Hello rassom,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to adjust the hours of data which a chart uses by selecting a different Session Template:
    • Right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'.
    • On the right side of the Data Series menu, you'll find the Session Template property.

Which template to use would depend on the hours you wish to use. To view the hours of existing templates and create new templates, open the Session Manager (Tools > Session Manager). More information about creating new Session Templates can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks - will the chart settings be saved for the symbol or the chart (i.e. will the same settings be applied to the next symbol I load in that same chart) ?

Comment

Hello rassom,

They will not - if you intend to define a new default session template for an instrument:
        Open the Instrument Manager (Tools > Instrument Manager) and select the instrument you wish to edit from the list on the right, then click Edit.
        In the Instrument Manager's main tab, change the session template setting, then click OK.

The selected template would then be used by default for this instrument.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

A follow-up question: Would it be possible to set it in a simple way to regular trading hours only for all stocks and all (24) hours for futures and forex? Doing one symbol at a time would take a little too long time when you, like I, have 3000 symbols in the instrument manager :-)

Thanks,
          Rasmus

Comment

Hi Rasmus,

Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to reset this property at this level - as it stands, modifications to the default session template must take place on an instrument-by-instrument basis. This is an area which development hopes to change in future releases however.

Comment

Ok, thanks.

But it can be changed on chart level, too - if I understand correct? Then a workaround could be to have one workspace with charts for regular trading hours (stocks) and one workspace with charts for futures/forex ?

Comment

Hi Rasmus,

That's a great work-around!

Comment

would be great if you can assign time zones to each session - the reason is that europe and american time zones don't always line up like they used to in some months like march they can be 1 hour different than at other times of the year. So if you want to define a session that starts in europe and ends at the end of new york, you can't do that.

Comment

Hello NinjaCustomer,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your inquiry to our development team as a feature request.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by fitspressoburnfat, Today, 04:25 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post fitspressoburnfat  
                    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes