Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Hours - ES

I'm using the free kinetick data.

Is there a way I can view the ES data so that it displays ONLY the daily cash trading hours (ie 8.30 am to 3.15 pm) Monday to Friday.

I understand the ES is (effecitvely) a 24 hour contract but in viewing the data in this manner I can't see the overnight gaps etc.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

The CME group uses what is called Daily Settlements for Daily data when connected to Kinetick where as the minute data will retain the Open, High, Low, Close as normal.

For information on the Daily Settlement Procedures please visit the following link:

To view overnight data I suggest connecting to a real time data provider then creaing a 1440 Minute chart to simulate Daily bars.

Click here to subscribe to Kinetick real time data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris, Unfortunately the link didnt work.

Effectively what I'm looking for is the ES data for JUST the time period 8.30am to 3.15pm (central).

From what I gather of your reply Kinetick shows the daily data in a way which doesn't allow me to do this. Is that correct?

Apologies if I'm confused

Comment

Correct Daily data when connected to Kinetick will use the CME Settlement price. To view data between 8:30 and 3:15 you would be required to use a Minute bar which would allow you to set a specific Session Template such as "CME US Index Futures RTH".

I was able to access the site from the link provided. Please attempt to view the website with another browser such as Firefox, Chrome, etc.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your help Chris,

I'll try the link on a different browser when I get home from work tonight.

As far as viewing the data,

Do you know of any data provider (compatible with NT) that provides free end of day data for the major futures/commodity/currency pairs ?

Kinetick is good but it only seems to offer some index futures (I couldnt load the Hang Seng or the ASX 200 for example) and as discussed I really only want to only view the 'cash hours' and free kinetick doesnt allow that (unless I pay for it).

Comment

Hello kid hustlr,

The free Kinetick EOD connection supports historical daily data for most common instruments. It is available by default at Control Center-->File-->Connect.

We also support Google and Yahoo which are free. However they support stock instruments only.

Unfortunately there are no other free supportd data feeds that provide historical daily data.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post XXtrader  
              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM