Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Limit Order

Hi to All,

I would like to know why some times my Stop limit order it's not fill and I'm not on High volatility like news event,

Who control the Stop limit order my broker or the platform ?

Because I miss good trade because of that...

Thanks

Dervakon

Hi Dervakon,

Please feel free to use either these forums or send in an email but not both for the same request. Here's my response from your email on this.

NinjaTrader has no control over real time live fills. Orders are filled according to market dynamics and anything other than a "market" order means there's not guaranteed to fill. Stop-limit orders will trigger submission of a limit order at the specified price once the last traded price = stop price. The limit portion of this means that you're guaranteed the limit price or better, but not that you're guaranteed a fill.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_RyanM1; 06-12-2012, 10:22 AM.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Closing orders

Hello,
      I wanted to ask about closing orders. If I place an order through the chart trader and forget to select GTC and the order is partial or fully executed, can I close it out at anytime to capture profits or minimize losses?

Also is it OK to manually move my stop to protect gains or to allow for more movement in the stock? Along with moving the target?

I use Interactive Brokers

Thanks for your help

Comment

Hello isto313,

Yes, anytime an order is filled, then you own that position are then responsible for its management. You can close a position immediately after opening it.

Yes, target and stop loss orders can be modified from their original location. This page can help with ChartTrader order modification:

Comment

Thanks for your help! I also have an accout with TD Ameritrade and have set up the paper trading simulation acct. but I can't figure out how to set it up for live trading... How can I do this? I have followed the instructions on the broker connections guide on NT's site and I don't see an option anywhere to select life trading...

Comment

Live trading (anything other than NTs built in Sim101 account) is possible with a paid license key. If you do not yet have a live license key, you can see our purchase page here.

For any purchase questions, you can reach us at sales 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com.

If you already have a paid license key inputted under Help > License Key, you'll need to uncheck global simulation mode from the File menu before you can select a live account.

Comment

thanks for your help... I do own a key.

Comment

The Global simulation mode is checked but when I try to uncheck it, "it just seems to be an unclickable option and the text isn't bolded like the other options in the dropdown", its faded out.

Comment

I figured our my problem... I emailed chris before i noticed tho... so I will clear it with him as well.

thank you so much for your help

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                    Hello isto313,

Yes, anytime an order is filled, then you own that position are then responsible for its management. You can close a position immediately after opening it.

Yes, target and stop loss orders can be modified from their original location. This page can help with ChartTrader order modification:
                    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ling_orde2.htm
                    regarding my first question about closing an order before it hits my target or my stop loss by clicking on the close button in chart trader. When I hit the close button on the chart trader, does it completely take me out of the trade and close out the trade instantly, or is there some delay and or does it just modify my order with my broker leaving me with the responsibility of calling my broker to get out of the trade?

Thanks for you help!
                    Israel

Comment

Hello Israel,

Please see the link below for information what happens when you hit the Close button.
                      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

SLM order

hello im trying to put an SLM order on the DOM but I don't
                        know how. To be more precise: Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit
                        on the DOM.

thanks
                        Last edited by bdelorm; 08-26-2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hello bdelorm,

Thanks for your post.

You can place a Stop Limit order on the SuperDOM by middle mouse clicking (typically pressing down on your scroll wheel) above market on the Buy side or below market on the Sell side.
                          A numeric field will appear that represents the number of ticks away you wish the limit price of the stop limit order to be placed at.

Below I have provided a link to the Submitting Orders section of our help guide.
                          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

my slm (stop limit order) was not filled

Hi to all,

I had recently problems with SLM order that never happened to me before.
                            I placed this SLM order along with my entry order when price still away from my entry; but when price approaching my SLM order, it was not filled, price simply went through it.
                            I was forced to close the position by market order and lost even more money.

Would anyone please help?

Thank you!

FHTrader

Comment

Hello FHTrader,

Thanks for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please provide a link to this forum topic in the body of the email.
                              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes