Copying Drawing Objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copying Drawing Objects

Hi ... every morning I set my support and resistance lines on my trading charts (8 charts in all). I use the horizontal line object to do this for each price level I set. Is there a way I can draw the lines on one chart and then copy them to all of my other charts so that the lines appear at the same price points? That would save me a lot of time. Thank you

Hello pman777,

Unfortunately we do not support a function that will allow you copy over all drawing objects between charts.

I will forward your feedback to support such a function to development to put it in the list possible future enhancements.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by pman777 View Post
      Hi ... every morning I set my support and resistance lines on my trading charts (8 charts in all). I use the horizontal line object to do this for each price level I set. Is there a way I can draw the lines on one chart and then copy them to all of my other charts so that the lines appear at the same price points? That would save me a lot of time. Thank you
      Are all 8 charts of the same instrument (I am presuming that they must be, if you are using the same price points)? In that case, make the lines "global" objects.

Comment

tx ... is there a way to write an indicator that creates a line that applies to all opened charts .. sort of a 'global line' concept?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately not at this time - you would have to add the indicator to each chart to have these objects drawn on each chart.

Adding the ability to draw global objects through an indicator is on our development team's list of considerations.
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

The suggestion to copy drawing objects between charts is assigned to ID# 610.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Irukandji, Today, 09:34 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Irukandji  
            Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes