Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output window at Str. analyzer

Helllo NT support,

I have a problem, when I run Optimimization I print some datas in the output window from the strategy. At the finish will mainly clear the whole output window. But! In some instances the printed datas will remain, in some instances won't at running the same optimization. I tried resize the output window, close the window, and reopen before and during the runinng, but I haven't find the right way to get constantly the printed datas.
    Do you have suggestion?

thanks Tom

Hi Tom, have you already looked into the ClearOutputWindow() call done for example from OnStartUp() for your strategy script?

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Bertrand,

yes I know the ClearOutputWindow()method, and I fully understand how it works. This is independent from this. When the running of optimization is finished it will clear (mainly) the output window once, another time it will remain the datas randomly. It doesen't depend on the strategy, it depend on NT. (etc: window size.... ) I tried it fix using aforementioned ways. But it didn't achieve it. Do you have suggestion?

Comment

Sorry would not have another suggestion here Tom. In the optimization you would need to keep in mind mupltiple instances of the strategy would be run, so it would not proceed at a sequential fashion as you would see using regular backtesting or running the strategy directly from a chart.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok Bertrand thanks. Yes I know, mupltiple instances of the strategy would be run, therefore I get the best result after optimization. The optimization has only! one value in test range at all optimizationable value. (etc: 5;5;1). When I backtest, the runinng time is multiple then Opti. Opti. time c.: 29 sec, backt. time c.: 4 min 15 sec. Therefore I select this way to inquire the desired datas. But could you send this request to your "request department"?
          thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NRITV
          by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          7 responses