Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real-Time Portfolio Analysis and Allocation

Hi,
    I trade multiple strategies using multiple symbols in Tradestation.

I was wondering if there is a mechanism within NinjaTrader or NinjaTrader products that allows real-time portfolio oversight of these indvidiual strategies across symbols. I am looking for the ability to:

1. Monitor net position per market
    2. Monitor strategy equity per market
    3. Adjust individual market positions using aggregate portfolio information and NOT just individual market information.

Thanks.

Hello ishaolin,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums! Generally our strategies are instance-based, and there is no built in communication possible. However, you can use C# features like writing to a file or static variables to share information among different instances. You can see this reference sample for help writing to a file:
    Following are links to all available NinjaScript reference samples within this forum section: Strategy Reference Samples (NinjaTrader 8) - also applicable to NT7 Using a time filter to limit trading hours (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=3226) Using multiple entry/exit signals simultaneously

Use of global variables is beyond our scope of support but you could check MSDN for more information:
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ishaolin View Post
      Hi,
      I trade multiple strategies using multiple symbols in Tradestation.

I was wondering if there is a mechanism within NinjaTrader or NinjaTrader products that allows real-time portfolio oversight of these indvidiual strategies across symbols. I am looking for the ability to:

1. Monitor net position per market
      2. Monitor strategy equity per market
      3. Adjust individual market positions using aggregate portfolio information and NOT just individual market information.

Thanks.
      Hello,

I was having the same problem with the lack of inter-strategy communication that NinjaTrader offers. So, we went out of the bos to create a small algorithm to workaround this issue. Please read this article:

Feel free to contact us if you need this implemented in your strategies.

Thanks
      Umer

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post tsantospinto  
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
      5 responses