Javaw.exe startup issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javaw.exe startup issue

I recently upgraded Windows to 64 bit version. I am running IB TWS 921.5, Windows 7, 64 bit version, NT 64 bit, Explorer 32 bit, Javaw.exe is 32 bit.

Since going to 64 bit, I get the error that TWS cannot find the Javaw.exe file. I have tried all of the remedies on the forum; copied Javaw.exe to Windows/System32 folder, etc. What I have to do to start NT is start TWS first independent of NT, then start NT. Currently I have Javaw.ext in two places, the above folder and in the Programs/Java/bin folder.

I have done multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of TWS, NT and Java, but cannot completely eliminate the issue. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Helllo cframe43,
    Welcome to the forum and I am happy to assist you.

We do not have any special directions for 64 bit OS, excepts for the directions provided by IB.

In order to get TWS to load without giving any error message about having to manually search for javaw.exe please do the following:

1. Locate javaw.exe located in the following directory:
    a. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_20\bin(Note your version may be different from jre1.6.0_20)
    2. You are going to COPY the javaw.exe file to the ‘clipboard’ (right-click Javaw.exe and select copy)
    3. Now paste it into the following directory:
    a. C:\Windows\System32(right-click the System32 folder and select paste)
    4. Once this is complete, the TWS shortcut on the users desktop will work with no errors.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the Javaw.exe copied into the Windows/System32 folder and still have issues.

Comment

Hello,
        Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email:666110

Comment

NT application has stopped working

Running 64 bit Win 7 with all updates. Have had issues with Java, connecting to IB, etc. Removed all evidence of NT from programs, startup, registry, etc. Installed the latest version of NT. I connect to IB and receive data within the IB application. After several NT reinstall attempts, I need help.

When I startup NT it goes through initial posts screen and returns the message: Ninja Trader Application has stopped working. I cannot get NT to start in order to do configuration etc. Please help and thank you.

Comment

Hello,
            Please provide me with your most current log and trace files.
            • You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            • The log file will be named "log.YYYYMMDD.txt"

• You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            • The trace file will be named "trace.YYYYMMDD.txt"

If the log/trace files are not there please send me a screenshot of the error if you are getting any.

Please append Attn:Joydeep in the subject line of the email and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Using new PC with Windows 7 Home Premium preinstalled. Trying to install TWS 927.7 via the NT site.
              The TWS installer displays a message indicating that Java 1.4 or greater is required,
              not recognizing that Java 1.7 is installed.
              How do I get the TWS installer to recognize that Java 1.7 is installed so I can get
              passed the TWS installation to the NT installation.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello upatick,
                Are you in a 64 bit environment? If so then please make sure you have installed the 64 bit version of Java.

Comment

Thank you for responding so quickly. Yes, I am in a 64 bit environment. I followed the link you provided to reinstall Java. It said that the 64 bit version was already installed. I clicked the link to reinstall it, just in case. Still get the same error when I try to install TWS.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello upatick,
                    Thanks for the information.

Please uninstall the Java Runtime Environment and reinstall it as per the following order.
                    • Install Java JRE 32 bit first
                    • Then install Java JRE 64 bit
                    • Finally install TWS Standalone 927.7

Please refer here which discusses the matter further.

Comment

Hello Joydeep,

Thank you for reviewing the elitetrader message board and summarizing the final solution into three easy steps. It worked perfectly!

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Comment

For Windows 8.1 (and I suppose Windows 10), the Java file needs to go into the following directory instead:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Comment

Hello nicbizz,

Thanks for your reply.

While it is true that this folder would also need the file copied to it, you should also need to copy it to the C: -> Windows -> System32 folder as well.
                          Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Apparently, even for Windows 7 Professional it needs to go into both folders...

Also, apparently (just happened to me), if you update Java, you have to re-do the exercise of copying that file into both Windows folders... FWIW.
                            Last edited by M_ichel; 04-23-2016, 09:27 AM. Reason: Adding detail

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jaybedreamin  
                            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                            6 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post DJ888