historical data error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

historical data error

Only when i try to switch any of my charts to daily or weekly does this happen..

Default Error on loading chart data for '$EURUSD Default': Unable to get historic rates. Unknown issue for instrument $EURUSD Default

any ideas?

tried repairing my DB and closing out the chart and making a new one.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please reset your instruments with the steps I have provided below:
    • Disconnect
    • Tools
    • Options
    • Data tab
    • Reset Instruments
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Reconnect
    Next open a new $EURUSD chart with no template applied and let me know if the issue persists.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

error still persists.. i usually have 8 charts i monitor and its doing it on all of them.

Disconnected and connected with kinetic end of day free.. and was able to switch with no errors.

with fxcm i can switch any minutes fine its just daily and weekly.. the error pops up but i still get the data? wierd

thinking it could be something with fxcm

Comment

Can you tell me if you are connected to Kinetick first or second within NinjaTrader. If you are connect to FXCM first does the issue persist if you connect to Kinetick first and FXCM second?

Comment

Originally posted by irmrmisa View Post
          Only when i try to switch any of my charts to daily or weekly does this happen..

Default Error on loading chart data for '$EURUSD Default': Unable to get historic rates. Unknown issue for instrument $EURUSD Default

any ideas?

tried repairing my DB and closing out the chart and making a new one.

Hello I'm new here.

I'm testing NT with FXCM demo account.
          Same problem as above: error on daily chart and higher but everithing ok on lower timeframe. Already tried different actions but with no results.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Regards

Comment

Have you tested while connecting to the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection first? If you have not please let me know if you are able to receive Daily data successfully when using this connection first and FXCM second.

Comment

Hi Christopher and thanks for your answer.

Yes, with Kinetick everithing is OK on Daily and higher time frame. My config consists of 4 charts: 15, 60,240 and Daily. Then when I connect to FXCM, the quotation come back to realtime on the first 3 but on the Daily the last candle is updated to yesterday. And if I try to change the TF the error occured as soon as I choose the Daily or higher.

Thanks

Regards

Comment

Due to recent changes Kinetick no longer offers real time or historical data for instruments on the ICE Exchange such as TF, DX, etc.

In order to receive data for these instruments you would be required to connect to a provider that supports this instrument.

Click here to view more information on Historical Data and Understand the data provided by your connectivity provider

Comment

Hi,
                  I'm sorry but I didn't understand. My provider is FXCM and I'm working on FX only (Eur & Gbp). Everithing is OK in intraday charts but the problem is that IMHO something isn't working properly when NT try to handle data on Daily or higher.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help out.

Have a great day and Happy Trading!

Comment

Here I am again and I'm sorry for that Christopher but I haven't understand (probably also beacause my English isn't very good and I'm a newbie!). I'm still having problem on Daily charts and highr TF using FXCM data: the error msg is "Error loading chart data for $EURUSD Default":Unable to get historic rates. Unknow issue for Instrument $EURUSD Default", as in #1 Irmrmisa post. How can I resolve it, please?

Thanks

Regards

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Lance Bell

Hi, I have a similar problem with FXCM Demo. I have noted aprt from these already listed problems that when I try to get more than the default number of days of data, it never can load more than about 1 year of data depending on the pair and the timeframe. I suspect its more of an FXCM problem however their tech support insists that its the same data feed for their Trading Station 2 platform and that the data should be the same, however the TS2 platform is downloading much more historic data for the same pairs and time frames.

Comment

Lance Bell

Hi, I have a similar problem with FXCM Demo. I have noted aprt from these already listed problems that when I try to get more than the default number of days of data, it never can load more than about 1 year of data depending on the pair and the timeframe. I suspect its more of an FXCM problem however their tech support insists that its the same data feed for their Trading Station 2 platform and that the data should be the same, however the TS2 platform is downloading much more historic data for the same pairs and time frames.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible that you are running in to a known issue. Please contact me via email at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com

In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace file. The trace file is located in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder. I'd need a copy of the 'trace.20130227.txt' file.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                              2 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post BarzTrading  
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes