Multi instrument chart - change one instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi instrument chart - change one instrument

Scenario: I have a chart with multiple instruments. Is there a way to change one of the instruments? For example after roll over can I change the contract period. Currently I just remove the instrument and add one back then apply a saved template to get my indicators back for that instrument.

I didn't know of there was as simpler way.

Hello ct,

Please see the link below under 'How to change a Data Series' for instructions to change instruments in charts.

Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals via Keyboard
    You can change instruments or intervals by pressing a letter or number key in a selected chart. Within the window that appears, you can change the instrument, interval, or chart type by using the following formats and pressing the "Enter" key when finished. If multiple instruments are displayed in the chart, you can change a specific instrument by left mouse clicking to select it before typing. If no instrument is selected, the primary instrument is changed.

To change an instrument:
    Type the instrument symbol. (Add the front month for futures instruments) Examples: "ES 12-09" for E-mini S&P 500, "AAPL" for Apple stock or "EURUSD" for Euro/U.S. dollar Forex pair.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello ct,

Please see the link below under 'How to change a Data Series' for instructions to change instruments in charts.

Changing and Adding Instruments and Intervals via Keyboard
        You can change instruments or intervals by pressing a letter or number key in a selected chart. Within the window that appears, you can change the instrument, interval, or chart type by using the following formats and pressing the "Enter" key when finished. If multiple instruments are displayed in the chart, you can change a specific instrument by left mouse clicking to select it before typing. If no instrument is selected, the primary instrument is changed.

To change an instrument:
        Type the instrument symbol. (Add the front month for futures instruments) Examples: "ES 12-09" for E-mini S&P 500, "AAPL" for Apple stock or "EURUSD" for Euro/U.S. dollar Forex pair.

Hi Jason,as per your suggestion it changes the first that goes in the list.How do i change a ticker which 3-rd or 4-th in the list.

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

This type of change must be made within the Data Series menu itself. To access the Data Series menu, right click in the chart and select Data Series. Once in that menu, remove the series you wish to change and add another in it's place.
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
            Hello,

This type of change must be made within the Data Series menu itself. To access the Data Series menu, right click in the chart and select Data Series. Once in that menu, remove the series you wish to change and add another in it's place.

In this case none of the preset indicators remain intact.I`d like to keep my indicators intact which are linked to each symbol.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, this is the only way that the change can be made to secondary data series in a multi-series chart.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                Hello,

Unfortunately, this is the only way that the change can be made to secondary data series in a multi-series chart.

Hi Kyle,at now i have 9 symbols(currency pairs) in one chart.When i try to add anothe one,it seems as it goes into the indicator pane.Is there a limit in setting the symbols with on chart?And how can i go abouit adding the othere - 10th one?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

There is a display limitation of 9 symbols in the same chart as you have outlined.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                  0 responses