Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT cannot download data

Dear,
    please check the attachment, I know NT quite well, but have no idea what to do with this.
    IQFeed client 4.7.1.3
    It is downloading for 20 minutes, the computer sits in Chicago server hosting and I am connected to it from Europe, so the internet definitely works fine.
    I was able to download data from IQfeed to Europe a few moments back, so server to IQFeed connection works too.
    I deleted all cache data and contents of minute folder.
    NT seems to be doing something due to CPU usage, but from a result point of view does nothing, I did restart computer, that did not help.
    After connection to IQFeed it created all the folders visible on screenshot and where is written DIR, it is an empty folder. So it says downloading data, but downloads nothing and I need to connect to AMP/CQG and let my strategies work.
    In the options I did enable to get data from server if available.
    What is happening today? Any help?
    Please help.
    N.
    Attached Files

Hello N,

Can you please close NinjaTrader and delete the following folder.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->cache folder.

Start NinjaTrader, connect to IQFeed and check if all requested data will be loaded.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did that, I wrote about it in my post. Did not help

Comment

I am not sure why it wil not work for you. When I create a minute ES 09-12 chart that request 1500 days of historical data, the requested data is loaded. It took about 2 minutes. I deleted all historical data I had before testing, so it loaded all 1500 days.

I see you have multiple strategies applied as well. How much historical data do they request?

Try the following. Shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the following folder.
        C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file. This way Ninjatrader does not open any workspaces once started - it will open an empty Untitled1 workspace instead.

Connect to IQFeed and open your workspaces one by one. Wait for the workspace to load before openeing a new one.

If the issue remains when opening one workspace, please send me the workspace in question. Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and put 'Attn Jason, NT cannot download data' in the subject header.

Comment

Volume based linebreaks?

Hello Jason,
          yes it happens with different workspaces as well but the problem is not for example in my case ZB, but Volume based LineBreak charts of ES, whenever I try to open a chart with ES 09-12 linebreak1 and 130000 Vol it does not download the data. When I tested it on market replay data, the volume based line break charts did not load as well (but were on HDD and the download data from server if available was turned off), but here I need live feed so I encountered this problem. Strange, right?
          Petr

Comment

Hello Petr,

Ok, so the issue is limited to charts that use a LineBreak period type based on 130,000 volume bars using a line break setting of 1, correct? Are you able to load data in all other charts properly?

Do you load data if LineBreak bars are based on 1 minute bars instead of 130,000 volume bars?

Comment

Hello Jason,

I deleted all data from db, recreated all directories, renamed workspaces and created new and empty workspaces, renamed config, so in fact new installation of NT, then I created connections to IQFeed and AMP and I think I have found the problem, I entered originally 50 to 90 days to load, but Volume based LineBreaks need tick data so NT was probably downloading tick data and that takes superlong time even on fast internet. Thank you for your assistance, I will write again if this solution proves to be wrong.
              Thank you
              N.

Comment

Can you please disconnect IQFeed and repair your database once more at Control center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab. I was able to load a LineBreak chart on my end. I used 130,000 volume bars and a linebreak value of 1. I set 'Days to load' to 3.
                Attached Files

Comment

I just saw your last post - after posting my own. Sounds good, please let me know the outcome. Yes, loading that many days of tick data can take very long time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post xiinteractive  
                  Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes