Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT script limit and stop entries

Hello,

after all the developing and coding of scripts - thanks to NT-support - there is still one thing not clear:

when trading with NT-scripts and one will have a limit or stop entry (referring of actual market-situation) how can this be done? Of course this can be done by tools-edit Nt-script- stragegies- changing in the script -compiling- save - adding and enabling in the strategies-tab. But this is not a good way during daytrading, untill one has changed and compiled then the price is "gone".

There must be another way how a value for a limit or stop entry can be accepted so that the NT-script will do the entry there and then working referrring the coding.

Thanks
    Tony

tonynt,

This would be possible depending on your coding. For example, you could create some flag user defined input that enables or disables certain order types. For example :

integer my_Flag;

if ( Order_Entry_Condition )
    {
    if ( My_Flag == 1)
    {
    EnterLong(); //market order
    }
    else if (My_Flag == 2)
    {
    EnterLongLimit(GetCurrentBid(), "LimitEntry");
    }
    }

You may also want to check out the following, as it allows strategies to keep running while you change the input parameters.

Start trading with Exness, a leading platform offering low spreads, advanced tools & a wide range of assets. Open your account today!
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

Do I understand right that with the example of your coding - thank you for this example - one can swtich between 2 entry types referring to PREDEFINED conditions, but not changing the values directly. To change the numbers one has to use a tool like the link you have sent? (thank you also for the link)

Best regards
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
      tonynt,

This would be possible depending on your coding. For example, you could create some flag user defined input that enables or disables certain order types. For example :

integer my_Flag;

if ( Order_Entry_Condition )
      {
      if ( My_Flag == 1)
      {
      EnterLong(); //market order
      }
      else if (My_Flag == 2)
      {
      EnterLongLimit(GetCurrentBid(), "LimitEntry");
      }
      }

You may also want to check out the following, as it allows strategies to keep running while you change the input parameters.

http://www.zweisteintrading.eu/strat...ersruntime.htm

Comment

tonynt,

Yes, you would need to predefine some values to change the order types. You could also use something called "Enums" instead if you prefer.

The tool of which I sent you a link just allows you do change the value without resetting the strategy. You mentioned you wanted to use this function in real-time trading quickly, and that's the quickest way.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Maybe I could not explain correctly in english:

- I dont mean how to use predefined conditions and switching in between (this I do in my strategies)

- I dont mean to change values of a running strategy.

+ I mean how to start a script-strategy/how to do the enty with a limit order or stop order (but the limit or stop price have to be submitted during the trading, not during coding) and then running the script-strategy.

Thanks
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AdamP View Post
          tonynt,

Yes, you would need to predefine some values to change the order types. You could also use something called "Enums" instead if you prefer.

The tool of which I sent you a link just allows you do change the value without resetting the strategy. You mentioned you wanted to use this function in real-time trading quickly, and that's the quickest way.

Comment

tonynt,

Unfortunately there is no supported way to manage a manually submitted order from a automated strategy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post cls71
            by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM