Can't load Canadian stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't load Canadian stocks

Trying out the freebie version of NT 7.0.1000.9 and can't seem to load Canadian stocks into a chart or market analyzer. I am running a trial of IQFeed. U.S. stocks load fine.

I created, for example, XEG in the instrument manager, specifying XEG.C|SMART in the misc tab (and all combinations dropping the C or smart). Checked tse, tsx exchanges.

From the menu I go file->new->chart, specifying xeg and get:
    Error on loading chart data for 'XEG Tse': E,Invalid symbol

The error log contains (with green background): Error on loading chart data for 'XEG Tse': E, Invalid symbol.

Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to the Instrument Manager select XEG-->Click Edit-->Definitions tab-->Enable TSE and Default only-->Misc tab-->Set mapping for IQFeed to C.XEG-->Click Ok.

Next remove XEG from your Default instrument list and add it back in if it has been added then open a new chart.

Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris, that works. Guess I hadn't tried *all* of the combinations.

Comment

No problem at all, glad to help out. If you need a full list of Canadian stocks to import please send an email to [email protected] and include Attn: Chris J in the subject as well as a link to this thread in the body of your message.

Have a great evening!
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
          We’re a proud NinjaTrader 3rd party add-on provider and have recently released a unique new product range, the ‘Easy Load’ equities installer for NinjaTrader, which addresses the exact questions raised in this topic (the NinjaTrader press release can be found at http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads...st_29_2013.pdf ).

Our ‘Easy Load’ installers automatically install within NinjaTrader the complete list of all fully configured stock exchange codes for various exchanges (including TSX) allowing for fast, seamless access to these instruments across multiple supported NinjaTrader datafeed providers.

For the Canadian Toronto Stock Exchange (‘Easy Load’ TSX) installer, all stock codes are automatically installed, fully configured and mapped to work seamlessly with 6 data suppliers, including Kinetick free/real time data, Interactive Brokers, eSignal, DTN IQFeed, Barchart and Yahoo free TSX data.
          The user simply runs our unique installer and the process completes in under a minute... nothing more to do!

I realise this topic is very old now, however just thought I’d mention it if anyone is now after a fully automated solution to all the queries raised in this forum topic for adding Canadian stocks (TSX) in NinjaTrader.
          Link: http://www.GlobalTradingTools.com/so...d-ninjatrader/

Thanks for your time and good trading!!
          Stuart
          Last edited by GlobalTradingTools_Stuart; 10-14-2013, 05:42 AM. Reason: fix URL

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion

Started by funk10101, Yesterday, 09:43 PM
          1 response
          0 likes