Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Firewall

Hello,

is it really necessarily to disconnect the Windows Firewall during trading ?

My System works with Vista and the Port for NinjaTrader is open for the Fierwall.

I really have a bad feeling, when i work without Firew. / to disconnect Anti Vir Programs is
    regular.
    So, what is to do ?

Hello Deogenes,

Thank you for your post.

It is not necessary to disable the Windows Firewall while using NinjaTrader. However you may need to add an exception to your Firewall software for the NinjaTrader 7 program.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Patrick,

the exception (for NT) is there, since i have the NT. I have read somewhere... i belief it was a Page by Mirus, that the Firerwall must be disable. But when you download the NT (firtstime) it will happend automatical - if you don ´t disagree.

At the End: There is no need to cut of the Firewall completely. Right? Bacause the order goes always through this special port, wich is open for NT ? - Ok.

Anti Vir ? There is also a option to fix this.

Comment

Hello Deogenes,

Thank you for your response.

In some cases you may need to add an exception to your security software (firewall, anti-virus, etc.) in order for your data feed to connect properly.

The orders will need to be sent from your PC, so NinjaTrader and/or your data feed will need the required port(s) open. Shutting down your security software in regards to NinjaTrader is only used as a test in cases were it is a needed step in investigating a item with NinjaTrader support.

Comment

Patrick,

the Text below from: http://www.mirusfutures.com/support/.../technical_faq

Can firewalls impact my Zen-Fire connection?
          Zen-Fire data can be blocked by firewalls. It is recommended that you turn off all active firewalls and antivirus programs when trading. This includes not only the Windows firewall but also Norton, AVG, McAfee etc.

Comment

Hello Deogenes,

This is an item you will need to follow up with Mirus Futures on. NinjaTrader does not recommend that your security software be shut down at all times.

Comment

Patrick,

that´s okay, but who need´s Ninja Trader without data. Things come in and go out from the Platform - that´s the reason - i thought Ninja Trader is the first adress to ask. If you don´t know for shure, better tell it so, or get some information. There must be a technical reason, wich i don´t understand, till someone tells me why.
              Sorry!

Comment

Hello Deogenes,

Are you receiving any disconnect messages from NinjaTrader? Are you losing connection to your data provider (Zen-Fire)?

There is no need to disable your security software and if you are running into items such as lost connection or intermittent connection there are other items to consider as well before you resort to shutting your security software off.

A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
                • ISP issues
                • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
                • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
                • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Please let me know if you are experiencing any connection items.

Comment

Patrick,

there is no any problem with the connection. Everything works very steady. Till yet i did not have the guts to trade without disable the Fierwall at all.(But it feels no good, this is the reason i´am talking about.)

Maybe some other Users can tell there experiences, how they handle with that.

At first Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Deogenes View Post
                    Patrick,

there is no any problem with the connection. Everything works very steady. Till yet i did not have the guts to trade without disable the Fierwall at all.(But it feels no good, this is the reason i´am talking about.)

At first Thanks!

If you are trading fine with the firewall, then there is no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Deogenes View Post
                      Patrick,

At first Thanks!
                      The best advice that I can give you is the method that I use. After you make some money, use the profits to buy a computer that you use exclusively for trading. NOTHING ELSE. It requires great discipline, because that means that even if you want to see trading information, or NT forum, you MUST NOT use the browser on the trading computer. You must go to the other puter for EVERY and ANYTHING that does not have to do directly with your trading platform direct data handling.

Actually in my case, I have a Virtual Machine that I trade from on my main computer. As the ONLY thing that I ever do on that Virtual Machine is trade (even NT development is done and tested on the main computer: compilation for protected modules is done on a separate VM), there is no need for any kind of resource sucking antimalware in the VM. The big advantage of the VM, of course, is that as the hard disk is just a file, restoring the VM just means copying over a backup of the VDD file. That is mighty quick and beats having to format, reinstall an OS and the trading applications if one ever needs to start over.

Comment

koganam,

thank you for your warm-hearted advice. With your rules we are on the safe side, what conserns connection.

Comment

Hello ,

I have a problem connecting my account ​
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello issamlahssini,

Thank you for your post.

This error most commonly occurs when NinjaTrader is unable to communicate with the servers due to it being blocked by another program, or there is an issue in the path between your computer and the appropriate servers.

Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

To resolve this, I recommend the following steps (test for the issue after each step):
                            • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
                            • Restart your PC
                            • Also, ensure that your computer is not turning off your Network Adapter to conserve power:
                              • Restart NinjaTrader
                              • Right-click on your Start button
                              • Select 'Device Manager'
                              • Expand 'Network Adapters'
                              • Right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties > Power Management
                              • Uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option
                              • Click 'OK' to save the changes
                              • Do this for all Network Adapters
                            • Clear your DNS
                            • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
                            • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder.
                            • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.
                            Please let me know if you are still experiencing the same after following these steps.

Gaby V.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I tried all those steps but without results still have same issue

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse