Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't add indicators to Chart in strategy

Hi Folks,

I think something is broken in my NT. I've read on the forums and at this article (http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3228) that I can add indicators to my strategy in the initialize() event and they will show up on my charts that are opened from the Trades tab in Strategy Analyzer.

I've also tried deleting and saving a new default chart template. This sets the default for new charts created in Control Center, but doesn't help my situation in Strategy Analyzer.

Has anyone had this issue and know how to solve it?

Thanks!
    daqu40
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QTradez

Hello daqu40,

Thanks for the note.

The indicators that you add inside the Initialize() will be added to the chart that is created in the Chart tab not the charts generated by right clicking in the Trades tab and selecting Chart. For example if I add the following code:

Code:
    protected override void Initialize()
    {
    	VOL().Panel = 1;
    	Add(VOL());
    }
    It will add the VOL indicator to panel 1 of the chart in the Chart Tab. See attached image with the chart on the left being from the Chart Tab and the image to the right being one generated from the Trades tab.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks JC,

I finally saw this a few minutes ago (indicator in the Chart tab). My preference is that I can get the indicators to show up in a chart that I launch from the Trades tab and right click to open chart.

Let me know if there is some way to make this happen.
      daqu40

Comment

Hello daqu40,

To load up indicator(s) inside a chart generated from the Trades tab of the Strategy Analyzer you will have to first save a Chart template from the Control Center. Next you want to customize your setting, added the indicator(s), and then save it as a template.

Now, when you generate a chart from the Trades tab of the Strategy Analyzer you can right click inside the chart and select Templates -> Load and select the template you just saved. All of your customized setting will be applied along with the indicator(s). Please note that saving the template as the Default will not work.

Comment

The problem with this approach is it kills the trade and lines I've drawn on the chart while the strategy is running/testing.

I'd really like it to just open with indicators from my default template in place and my trade information all right there.
          daqu40

Comment

Hello daqu40,

This is to be expected when you load a template as it will remove all NinjaScript Strategies. I will submit this suggestion for the enhancement of NinjaTrader to our product development team to be consideration for a future NinjaTrader release. We at NinjaTrader highly value the suggestions of users. Once I get a unique tracking ID for this request I will send it to you.

Note that you can open a chart from the Executions tab and add indicator(s) inside of that chart while maintaining the markers.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_JC; 06-21-2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks JC,

I tried opening from the Executions tab. The chart comes up with my default template, however it's missing the trade markings and lines I've drawn.

On my live data the chat comes up with any indicators, but when I apply the template the trade data disappears.

Looks like I'll just have to wait for the feature enhancement.
              daqu40

Comment

Hello daqu40,

You can also run strategies in a live chart, that way you can save chart drawings and plot executions markers from the strategy. When you apply a strategy to a live chart you can set the strategy to use the Sim101 account for simulation purposes just like in the Strategy Analyzer. Note that the strategy will be applied to the amount of data that your chart is loading for example if you have a chart that is loading 5 days the strategy will be loaded for the 5 days as well like in the Strategy Analyzer.

Comment

Hello daqu40,

Thank you for your suggestion on how we can improve our product. It has been inserted into our tracking system with the unique ID # 1856.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Skifree
                  by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                  0 responses