Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long-term "maintenance"?

Hi folks,

It's been a while since I've posted here... but as the NT team might remember, I've been using NT for 3+ years. Currently trade roughly 500-1000 futures a day with NT.

Quick question: any recommendations on "maintenance" things we may want to do on the Ninja DB regularly, for long term stability and performance? Is it a good idea for me to periodically repair (or even reset) the DB, for example? Should I clear out the instrument list as old instruments expire, for another example?

Things are working well, just want to make sure there isn't stuff "building up" after 3+ years that I should be cleaning away.

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

With our redesigned NinjaTrader 7 we really did a lot of work with database to make sure things were stored efficiently.

Ideally there really is not anything to be done as far as periodic maintenance.

However there is a point where ammount of data stored and the PC specs to handle that data start to cause some lag or delay in loading might take longer for example. In this scenario is simply a wait until you start to experience some issues. If you do then it may be time to go ahead and reset the database.

Which is done via the Control Center->tools->options->reset db.

Other then that really nothing to be done, we do have a repair db option but we only recommend this in the fact of an actually damaged database which ideally should not occur.

Let me know if any further questions.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post FrancisMorro  
    Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM