Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT with Interactivebrokers for stocks trading.. any experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT with Interactivebrokers for stocks trading.. any experience?

Hi,

I am just wondering about NT as the front-end for IB for chart trader and bracket orders (ATM). How is the stability and how does it work in real account?

Does anyone have experience trading stocks with NT/IB ? or, has this topic been discussed somewhere before? Pls point me to the thread, if it has.

Thanks

ssg10,

Hopefully someone from the forum can help you here, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to comment due to our broker neutrality.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

IB works super, but they have historical data limitations, so don't expect to stream more then 5-10 stocks realtime before bumping your head against their ceiling. More here:
      http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...imitations.htm Haven't tried ATM yet, so can't help you on that part of the question.

If you need to monitor more stocks real-time, I can high recommend Kinetick RealTime starting at $50. A bit expensive IMHO but it just works and quality of data is good.

I've chosen to go with Kinetick and IB combination, i.e. am connected to IB and trade through IB directly from the charts with chart data supplied by Kinetick.
      Last edited by rassom; 06-27-2012, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks! How is the fill ? Also, if we place a stop loss, is it a simulated or a real stop loss placed on IB TWS?

Maybe it's more a question to NT staff here... If we place ATM , then it is a bracket order in TWS?

Comment

Hello ssg10,

For Interactive Brokers:
          Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on IB's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
          OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.
          Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

BTW, just FYI: IB charges extra commision when trading through the API. For US stocks it is $.008 through the API vs $.005 through TWS. Quite a big difference!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post giulyko00  
            Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post r68cervera