rectangles disappear off screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rectangles disappear off screen

I have an indicator that draws rectangles on the screen. I draw them into the future. What I find is the rectangles are visible on the screen but as my chart grows, they become invisible. However if I change the scale of the chart to show more bars (make the bars real tiny), then they show again. and if I change scale to make the bars bigger, the rectangles disappear.

Is this by design? Is there any way I can draw my rectangles so that they don't disappear?

Here is an example, the only difference in the two charts is on the 2nd image I click on the time scale and dragged it to make it have less bars.. when I did that the rectangles disappear.

As a result of this issue, I cannot see the rectangles on my chart after the first couple hours.
    Attached Files

Hello cunparis,
    A draw object must have atleast one tag point visible for it to show up. If both the tag points are out of the visible range of the chart then the draw object will not show up.

Unfortunately this is a limitation. However we plan to rectify it in our next major release.
    JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Joydeep View Post
      Hello cunparis,
      A draw object must have atleast one tag point visible for it to show up. If both the tag points are out of the visible range of the chart then the draw object will not show up.

Unfortunately this is a limitation. However we plan to rectify it in our next major release.
      Thanks for explaining why it does that, I didn't realize it was because the endpoints were not visible.

Do you know of a workaround? Should I redraw them on every bar and have them end with the current bar?

Thanks

Comment

Hello cunparis,
        Yes, you can redraw them and have end them at the current running bar so that atleast one point is visible. However if you scroll back and if the end points are out of the visible range of the chart then it will disappear again.

Natively there is no workaround, however can also override the Plot and use the graphic.DrawRectangle method to draw the rectangles. However this is beyond what we could support.

Comment

Originally posted by kdjfp98e
          I think I'm dancing around what I am trying to do. I want to be able to program a marker or alert feature for known news events (not a live feed). So each morning, I can manually plug times into an indicator's settings and when that time arrives during the day, the indicator will trigger an alert, reminding me of news or other events I want to track. Can that be done?
          Lunettes Chanel
          I wrote one of those, I posted it at big mike's. Then there is a better one that uses a live feed from forex factory. And then the author made a version that is a separate application (not in ninjatrader) and that's what I use today. it's called jtEconNews, you can google it and download it from his blog.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello kdjfp98e,
            Yes, you can code an alert via NinjaScript coding. Please refer to this code which is on similar lines

@cunparis - Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by cunparis View Post
              I wrote one of those, I posted it at big mike's. Then there is a better one that uses a live feed from forex factory. And then the author made a version that is a separate application (not in ninjatrader) and that's what I use today. it's called jtEconNews, you can google it and download it from his blog.

I believe that his blog has been deleted?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                I believe that his blog has been deleted?
                you can find it here: http://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjat...tml#post138528

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post kujista