Connecting to IB and Esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB and Esignal

I seem to have an historical data problem when I connect to esignal and IB.

Esignal doesn't seem to go further then 1 day on the historical, I have to disconnect Esignal and only connect to IB, for this I have to change my connections settings in the IB connection I choose IB in historical provider otherwise I choose disble when connecting with Esignal first.

Would it be possible to help me on how to connect to both and have a good reliable historical data feed.

Thanks

Laurent
    Last edited by Larry22; 01-17-2008, 08:27 AM.

Hello Laurent,

Please review this section from our Help Guide for details regarding multiple account connections.

NinjaTrader supports multiple simultaneous connections to different connectivity providers and in some cases, to the same connectivity provider allowing you to:

• <LI class=rvps1>Connect to and trade through multiple brokers simultaneously
    • Connect to your broker and your data feed provider simultaneously

Primary and Secondary Data Feeds
    You may or may not want to use your brokers data feed as your primary data feed. For example, you may want to use eSignal as your primary data feed and your broker as back up. If this is the case, connect to eSignal first and then establish your broker connection. Whenever you request data for a particular market, NinjaTrader will request data from the eSignal connection first and then your broker connection second if a market data request fails from eSignal. During the connection creation process, you also have the ability to assign a back up data feed connection. By doing so, you tell NinjaTrader to fail over to the back up data feed if the primary feed is disconnected. This will only work if the back up data feed connection is live.

Connection Order is Significant
    If you are establishing multiple connections that overlap in their provided market data services, the connection order you establish is critical. NinjaTrader will check for required market data services in the order your connections are established.

For example:

BrokerA - Provides real-time market and historical data
    BrokerB - Provides only real-time market data

If you connect to BrokerA first and BrokerB second, when requesting market data NinjaTrader will request the data stream for both real-time and historical data from BrokerA even if you trade against BrokerB. It is possible you want to use the real-time market data from BrokerB (you perceive it to be faster) then you should connect to BrokerB first and BrokerA second. What about historical data? No problem since NinjaTrader is smart enough to realize that although it uses BrokerB for real-time data it will request historical data from BrokerA.

This information can also be found in our Help Guide here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

Comment

Thanks but that doesn't answer my question, let me reformulate it.

When I create my connection with IB it doesn't give me the choice for historical data it is either IB or I will use another connection for historical data but the problem when I do that is that Esignal doesn't retrieve historical further then 1 day so I have to change my IB connection settings and select IB as my historical data provider.

Is it normal that we can't get more then 1 day of historical data with Esignal.

Thanks

Laurent

Comment

You should see more than 1 day of historical data w eSignal. Try just connecting to eSignal and see what happens. Make sure your Format Data Series is set to more than 1 day back.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post FrancisMorro  
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses