Using different data connections for different instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using different data connections for different instruments

So I want to use my primary IQFeed connection for my ES contract. But I want to use my TT broker feed for the DAX contract. However, I have basic IQFeed service and do not get the Eurex exchange included, so the IQFeed data for DAX is delayed. I removed the IQFeed symbol mapping in the DAX specifications so that it would not try to look to IQFeed, and I set my TT feed to enable historical data (through NT servers). Yet, when I connect to IQFeed first, and then to TT, I get an error that "06-12 FDAX invalid symbol" and another error and a "(Panic)" ... so how can I make this situation work as expected? I know I get live quotes from my broker feed for the DAX because I see it in the DOM.

Hello JoshDance,

Can you confirm what instrument you are trying to use with your Trading Technologies broker? (Example: FDAX 09-12 - Future, DAX - Index, etc...)

For more information about what your data provider supports you may view the following link.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Happy to be of further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It's FDAX 09-12 (futures)

Comment

Hello JoshDance,

NinjaTrader will use the first connection as the primary data feed for all the supported instrument types for that connection. There is not an option to specify what instrument will use which connection so you would not be able to setup just the FDAX to come through TT. You may read the following link that goes over multiple connections for more information.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Okay, so now I'm connected to TT first, and IQFeed second, and using IQFeed for historical data (historical data disabled in the TT account setup). When I create a 5 minute chart, it works fine. However, when I try to create a tick-based chart (range, volume, etc.), I get the same panic message as before. Shouldn't it be requesting tick data through the iqfeed connection?

Comment

Whats the exact error? How much tick data back are you requesting? My be erroring due to going back more then 2 contracts back with the auto merge as I think they only allow you access to the current any one expiry back for data.

-Brett

Comment

Hmm, it appears that I can not manually download anything from iqfeed for the FESX 06-12 contract... I have not tried NT's servers yet. I am surprised that they do not offer more than this.
              Attached Files

Comment

Data would be on NT servers but may most likely not on the IQFeed servers in this case. If you reduce the days to load or turn off NT auto merge it should load the historical data just fine. Does it?

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                14 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Board game geek  
                Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                1 response
                0 likes