Bracket Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bracket Orders

When I place an order on the FXPro using NT and add my stop loss and profit targets to the parent using the ATM strategy order window the bracket orders are not being sent to the market once the parent order is filled. I have to manually go in and place OCO orders instead. This has happened on several occasions. What's the fix?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris J" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current trace and log files.
    3.) The time this last occurred, instrument traded and Entry price.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have another question regarding bracket orders, I've attached some code....

if (!ShortEntryOrderFilled) {

Print(Time[0].ToLongTimeString() + " " + ToTime(Time[0]) + " : " + Open[0].ToString() + ">>> Order:: SHORT: " + ShortEntry.ToString() + "[" + ShortEntryStop.ToString()+ "]");

ShortEntryOrder = EnterShortStopLimit(LotSize, ShortEntry, ShortEntry, "SHORT");
      if (ShortEntryOrder != null)
      Print("ShortEntryOrder>> " + ShortEntryOrder.ToString());
      }

if (!LongEntryOrderFilled) {

Print(Time[0].ToLongTimeString() + " " + ToTime(Time[0]) + " : " + Open[0].ToString() + ">>> Order:: LONG:" + LongEntry.ToString() + "[" + LongEntryStop.ToString() + "]");
      LongEntryOrder = EnterLongStopLimit(LotSize, LongEntry, LongEntry, "LONG");
      if (LongEntryOrder != null)
      Print("LongEntryOrder:" + LongEntryOrder.ToString());
      }

Can you shed some light as to why the second order is ignored? I'm trying to place two stop limit orders, one below the current price to go short and one above the current price to go long but the second order is ignored.

I appreciate your time !

Thanks - David

Comment

Originally posted by dadof3and3 View Post
        I have another question regarding bracket orders, I've attached some code....

if (!ShortEntryOrderFilled) {

Print(Time[0].ToLongTimeString() + " " + ToTime(Time[0]) + " : " + Open[0].ToString() + ">>> Order:: SHORT: " + ShortEntry.ToString() + "[" + ShortEntryStop.ToString()+ "]");

ShortEntryOrder = EnterShortStopLimit(LotSize, ShortEntry, ShortEntry, "SHORT");
        if (ShortEntryOrder != null)
        Print("ShortEntryOrder>> " + ShortEntryOrder.ToString());
        }

if (!LongEntryOrderFilled) {

Print(Time[0].ToLongTimeString() + " " + ToTime(Time[0]) + " : " + Open[0].ToString() + ">>> Order:: LONG:" + LongEntry.ToString() + "[" + LongEntryStop.ToString() + "]");
        LongEntryOrder = EnterLongStopLimit(LotSize, LongEntry, LongEntry, "LONG");
        if (LongEntryOrder != null)
        Print("LongEntryOrder:" + LongEntryOrder.ToString());
        }

Can you shed some light as to why the second order is ignored? I'm trying to place two stop limit orders, one below the current price to go short and one above the current price to go long but the second order is ignored.

I appreciate your time !

Thanks - David
        There probably is an entry in your log with the reason why.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post arvidvanstaey  
        Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post samish18