Collapse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I want to ask please how to set the snap-mode per default to Bar and Price?

And at this opportunity I allow to repeat the suggestion to add different coloring for pritchforks with newer version (its enough to have one "meta-button" to change the colors of all lines - as solid, dashed.... need not to be changed again)

And it would be great to have in the toolbar not only to select the time with 1min, 5min.... but also 240 min AND some (or at least 1 basic) dataseries. EG when a chart is in 13 Range and I switch to 30 min, and I want to go back to my basic dataseries then I have to set the dataseries properties again (dataseries and days to load), I´m sure with this great software this could be easily done also with one click, same as some min-chart.

Best regards
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 06-28-2012, 02:08 AM. Reason: not correct

Hi Tony, the snapmode would be saved with your workspace, you could unfortunately not set a global default for it.

So for the pitchforks idea, you could not change the colors of each level, but you wish to define templates for those with different colors, is that correct?

DataSeries properties can be saved as default for each series, if you just right click in the parameters.

This would mean if you switch from a minute for example to Range type it would carry your custom lookback then as well for the Range chart if you saved a new default prior with a setting higher than the normal 3 days for tick based types.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

no matter if this will go by a.) defining templates (this doesnt work now, right?) or b.) if not as template then to change all colors for a new pitchfork in the same chart with "one-color-for-all-lines-button" instead of clicking and clicking... to change the colors of all lines seperately.

I know that I can save dataseries properties with right click. But the question is when I have eg a 13-range-chart and for analysis in other timeframes I can select eg a 30 min or a 60 min chart fast in the toolbar - but for going back to the 13-range-chart one need to go to dataseries...... instead of doing it with the toolbar-selection also easily as the min-charts. This is what I mean.

Best
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Hi Tony, the snapmode would be saved with your workspace, you could unfortunately not set a global default for it.

So for the pitchforks idea, you could not change the colors of each level, but you wish to define templates for those with different colors, is that correct?

DataSeries properties can be saved as default for each series, if you just right click in the parameters.

This would mean if you switch from a minute for example to Range type it would carry your custom lookback then as well for the Range chart if you saved a new default prior with a setting higher than the normal 3 days for tick based types.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying Tony, those two ideas are both on our feedback list, have added your votes in as well.

To switch back quicker now to your 13 Range, just type 13R on your chart please.

Comment

Hello,

referring the charting I allow to add:

* it would make sense if one can save the snap-mode with a certain charting object. EG when drawing a pitchfork it makes sense to work with snap.-mode enabled but with others, eg Rays, it would be better with disabled snap-mode. So, if one does a lot of drawing one always has to enable and disable the snap-mode.

* maybe it could be possible to check per default the drawing objects in the pulldown menue and to save so that there appear not always all icons but the ones one need often. However one can check and uncheck what should be.

* why does saving templates only work with trendchannle properties and not also with others? It would be useful also for rays, lines, and the most important with pitchforks.

Thanks
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Thanks for clarifying Tony, those two ideas are both on our feedback list, have added your votes in as well.

To switch back quicker now to your 13 Range, just type 13R on your chart please.

Comment

Thanks much for your additional ideas provided Tony, I've added them into our enhancement tracking on your behalf.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DynamicTest  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes