Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late order submission in BRN 08-12

Hi,

Thought I'd post this here if anyone has a remote clue what might be causing the following: I have a strategy that has proven to work correctly and accurately. I've run the strategy for several weeks now, using IQ Feed data and sending orders to both IB and Mirus. And, I've verified twice that IQ Feed and IB have real time data subscriptions for Brent Crude.

So, here's the issue: Ninja is submitting the orders roughly 10 minutes late. Only on BRN. The strategy submits limit orders, and even though the order is submitted more than a bar after the signal bar closes (which is weird in and of itself) the limit price is correct. So is the order signal name assigned to it.

Let me give you specific example: bar closes with time stamp of 2:13:50 and conditions are true such that an order called myOrder is placed at a limit to buy of 93.17, 3 ticks below close of this bar.

What happens, as shown in the log, is that the order is submitted, at this price with this name, but at 2:23:31. And this is more than one bar later, and of course Ninja cancels orders at end of bar.

NOthing else appears out of the norm in the logs. It seems like only on BRN, an incorrect clock is being read.

Hello,

Whats your connection order?

What bar type and range are you working on?

This sounds almost exactly like delayed data on BRN, i believe BRN is an ICE Exchange enablement on IQFeed but could be mistaken.

To know if you have delayed data or not on your first connection open a new Time and Sales window for BRN, what is the time for the last tick? Is it 10 minutes behind?

-Brett

Comment

Thanks Brett,

It was a delayed data issue. For some bizarre reason, when I compared a Ninja chart to IB quote, they appeared the same. But, the bottom line is DTN said account didn't have live data.

Thanks for you input on this.

Comment

no problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TradeSaber, Today, 07:18 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TradeSaber  
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM