• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator List Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator List Order

Hi,

Is it possible to change the order of the Indicators listed in the "Indicators Pane"?

For example, lets say I have 10 indicators installed on the chart, when I open the Indicators Pane they are listed under the full list of all Indicators, if I then add a new one it gets added at the bottom of the "indicators installed" list.

I want to be able to change the list order, without starting again and re-adding indicators etc.

Hello ScottieDog,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The only way would be removing and re-adding indicators. I will forward the suggestion to change the indicator order in the Indicator menu to development.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see. It´s funny, there must be a way to do it, because some indicators arrange themselves into the list out of the installation order, doesn´t seem to be alphabetically, but does seem to only be on non standard NT indicators.

Comment

The default indicators are added to the bottom of the list. I am not sure why custom/3rd party indicators are not added that way. The custom indicators I tested so far are added to the bottom of the list as well.

I suggest to check the code of the indicators that are not added to the bottom of the list. I am not a programmer myself so I will not be much help in this regard. Perhaps there is some code that causes the indicators to be added this way.

Comment

Yeh, i´m just checking now and it is only happening with certain custom indicators... and it´s ones I can´t get into the code on because they are locked.., LOL...

They were added to the bottom of the list when initially being installed, then after a restart appeared above in the middle of the list.. strange.

No big deal anyway. Thanks.

Comment

I see, perhaps the 3rd party vendor of these indicators can provide clarification.

Comment

The suggestion has been added and is listed under ID# 1080.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by stevenev1, Today, 01:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post stevenev1  
              Started by shinuvu, Today, 11:05 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes