Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory leakage after I.B. server reset

Hello,

For the past few weeks I have encountered a problem whereby NT7 freezes at the same time of the day when the Hong Kong server resets with the Interactive Brokers datafeed at 1.59pm AEST
    Running NT: 7.0.1000.10 (Live)
    IB: Build 921.5
    Java 1.6.0_31
    Windows 7 Home Premium.
    In the Task Manager the Private Working Memory typically runs around 200,000k but when the problem occurs, there is a message in the title of the NT7 Control Center showing "not responding" and memory in the Task Manager increases to 2,750,000k.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Are you using any OnConnectStatus() within any NinjaScript and was anything added when you first began to see this issue?

I look forward to assisting you further with this issue.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher,

I'm not familiar with OnConnectStatus() so I can't be sure.

This is what I see in the log file when the error occurs.

2/07/2012 1:59:01 PM|1|2|Interactive Brokers: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost
      2/07/2012 1:59:06 PM|3|4|IB.Globals.MessageLoop msg='12': Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      Parameter name: index
      2/07/2012 1:59:06 PM|3|4|IB.Globals.MessageLoop msg='12': Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
      2/07/2012 1:59:06 PM|1|2|Interactive Brokers: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
      2/07/2012 1:59:56 PM|1|2|Interactive Brokers: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=ConnectionLost

Comment

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris J" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Resolution for this issue?

What was the resolution for this issue? I'm having a similar problem, typically between 2100ET and 0300ET.

It would be really helpful if resolutions could be posted to the forum when an issue is taken away from the forum (as this one was).

Comment

Hello cmt_Robert,

Unfortunately I am not sure of the outcome. Christopher is currently not in the office, but I will check when he gets in. Could you please send me your log and trace files in the meantime, so I can investigate. Please put 'Att Jason, Memory leakage after I.B. server reset' in the subject header.

In addition, do any of your NinjaScript files use OnConnectStatus()?
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello cmt_Robert,

I checked my records on this particular incident - It actually had nothing to do with NinjaTrader itself.
              The problem resided in 3rd party software that I was beta testing at the time and was resolved in the next release of the add-on software.

Only thing that I can suggest is to start with a new workspace and add any 3rd party software a bit at a time and see if you can isolate the problem in this manner.

Sorry I can't be of more help !!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes