Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO Orders

Hello,

I'm currently using a demo version of NT. Today, I tried my hand at using an OCO order for the first time and, apparently, failed miserably. Here's what happened:

I had two short contracts on TF. I took a small profit on one. I then placed a stop order at my break even and clicked OCO on the DOM. I then placed a limit buy order at a profit target. I left and came back to find that there was no stop order and I was down on the open position 8 points. I should've gotten stopped out at break even. I think what happened was that when I placed the OCO, since there was only one order in at the time, it cancelled my stop. At least, that's what it looks like from the order log. I'm assuming that I would need to have all orders in place before placing the OCO. Please let me know if this is correct, and/or direct me to information on placing OCO orders, as I would like to use this function when I go live, and do not want another mishap like this one.

TIA

Hi shali27,

Thanks for your post.

When placing one cancels other orders, OCO will need to be enabled before the first order is placed. For instance, you enable OCO then place two limit orders. After doing so, you disable OCO.

Whenever one of those limit orders is filled, the other would be canceled automatically.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes