Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long trades with bid prices

Hi,

I run my first strategy in live simulation mode using MB trading data.

I have indicated that short trades are opened with bid prices and long trades with ask prices.

Is it possible to open long trades with bid prices also? How can it be done?

Please support.

Hello kucharek,

Unfortunately this is not supported. Buy orders will execute at the ask price and sell orders execute at the bid price.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks. Do you plan to add this feature? If yes, when could it be available?

Comment

NinjaTrader does not have any control on the execution of orders. Orders execute at the exchange as per market dynamics. As far as I know it is not possible to have a buy order execute at the bid price.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe, we misunderstood. I know that I my buy order will execute at the ask price.

My entry buy stop order is "High[0] + 1 * TickSize". I want to open a trade when bid price reaches this level, not the ask price.

I want to open long position (at ask price) when bid price (not ask) reaches stop order.

Comment

kucharek, it will depend upon your code when the order is submitted and at which price - as long as the submitted stop order continues to be a valid order (stop price higher >= Ask for a buy), otherwise it would be rejected.
            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I know that it shall be in my code.

Please support what method shall I use in order to open long position when when BID price reaches certain level.

Comment

You can monitor the current bid in realtime with GetCurrentBid().

Your resulting stop order could be placed then at a price value of GetCurrentAsk(), but depending on market dynamics you could hit rejected orders with this approach.
                BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by kucharek View Post
                  Maybe, we misunderstood. I know that I my buy order will execute at the ask price.

My entry buy stop order is "High[0] + 1 * TickSize". I want to open a trade when bid price reaches this level, not the ask price.

I want to open long position (at ask price) when bid price (not ask) reaches stop order.
                  You will have to submit your orders as limit orders at the bid in that case. You can get the bid price by more than one means.

There is GetCurrentBid() for use in the OnBarUpdate() event, and MarketDataType matching in the OnMarketData() or OnMarketDepth() events. Search the help using those terms.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Brevo