exception in Bollinger when switching symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exception in Bollinger when switching symbols

I have a market analyzer setup with some symbols, and two linked charts. I have flipped threw hundreds of charts and then suddenly my chart has a big red X in it and this exception is in the trace:

2012-07-05 13:31:47:310 ERROR: Error on calculating indicator min/max value for indicator 'Bollinger'. Please check the 'GetMinMaxValues' method: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    2012-07-05 13:31:47:311 in OnUnhandledThreadException
    2012-07-05 13:31:47:314 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2012-07-05 13:31:47:314 parameter for RoundUpTo125 infinity.
    2012-07-05 13:31:47:314 at NinjaTrader.Cbi.Globals.RoundUpTo125(Double value)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.GetYAxisStepSizeI ndicator(Double yMinVal, Double yMaxVal, Int32 yPixels, Int32 maxLabelHeight, Boolean isFractionalPrice, Double tickSize)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.GetPanelYAxisStep Size(Double scaleRealMin, Double scaleRealMax, Double horGridInterval, Boolean barsOnPanelAndScale)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartPanel.CalculateYAxisLab els(ScaleJustification scaleJustification)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.CalculateMinMax AndMargins(Graphics graphics)
    at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.ChartControl.OnPaint(Object sender, PaintEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I have the bollinger indicator on the linked charts.

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

Can you please email your current workspace file so I can test further?

To save a copy of your workspace, please go to File--> Workspace--> Save "Workspace As..." and
    Save this workspace with the name "Support".

You will find your workspace under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\Support.xml

Please attach this workspace XML document to an email addressed to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Matthew in the subject line and a reference to this thread and I can look into this further.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by nnwakaihe, Today, 08:19 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by Rocket, Yesterday, 06:03 PM
    1 response
    0 likes