• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Buying & Selling Pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying & Selling Pressures

Is the code for the Buying & Selling Pressures proprietary? There's a number of indicators that claim that they display the Buying & Selling Pressures, but I was wondering which formula does NT7 use in the Market Analyzer? Is it the Chaikin Oscillator, the Accumulation Distribution Line, the Money Flow Multiplier or the Money Flow Volume?

The codes / formulas are not proprietary, please check into this link from our helpguide for more details on the PowerVolume indicators shipped with NinjaTrader -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      The codes / formulas are not proprietary, please check into this link from our helpguide for more details on the PowerVolume indicators shipped with NinjaTrader -
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
      I've seen the information on the power volume indicator; however, I haven't seen this indicator formula anywhere else on the internet to examine how it is calculated. I'm not familiar with C# language; so reading the code is rather difficult. Who is the author of this indicator and is there an algebraic formula that I can examine?

Comment

StockJock, sorry I would not have any algebraic form I could provide. The indicator is summing up trades at the ask and higher and below the bid and lower and thus form a ration of the buy / sell pressure ignoring trades in between that are not considered aggressive.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GARZONJ, Today, 09:41 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GARZONJ
        by GARZONJ

Started by mike09, Today, 07:37 PM