X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Matthew
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our Forums!

The Simulated Data Feed will not provide historical data for a chart. You will need to configure the "Sim Feed start price" under Tools--> Instrument Manager--> Edit MCP

Keep in mind that the Simulated Data Feed does not provide real-market prices.

You should be able to use the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection to get Daily data for a Chart. Please note that intraday (minute or tick data) will not be provided from the free Kinetick connection.

If you would like real-time or intraday data, you would need to use your MBT account. Are you sure you're using the correct username and password? What is the error that is provided when you connect?

You can custom your Default instrument list under Tools--> Instrument manager. Please see our Help Guide article on Instrument Lists for more information:

Leave a comment:

• jwcap
    started a topic demo account - how to get symbols

demo account - how to get symbols

I apologize for not understanding the whole symbol mapping equation but I just can't seem to get certain symbols. One example is MCP (molycorp).

I try to add it to my instrument but it doesn't pick up any prices. I've mapped via MB Trading (where I do have an account but ninja keeps rejecting my UN and Password), yahoo, google, etc. I am just using a simulated feed due to the MB trading problem. How do I get a symbol to be realized in Ninja?

Also, when I have a DOM or basic entry window open the only instruments listed are ninjas default but I can't find how to change this. Is this a limitation to the demo?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post Aviram Y  
Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM